well, ive been having pain in my left wrist and i think something might be wrong. i have two classes at school that require me to type a lot and i play guitar for at least 2 hours a day. does anyone know what i should do?
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
carpel tunel maybe?

We're coming back, coming back
We'll live forever, live forever
Let's have wedding, have a wedding
Let's start the killing, start the killing

See a physician.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
lol^^ ya take a break from masturbating. maybe take a break from typing and playing guitar contiunesly for too long, and maybe next type you type, try to be more ergonomic i guess, take a look at ur posture, and the position of your hands and everything, somethign might be making your wrists hurt.
If you're worried seriously stop playing guitar until you get it checked. and DO get it checked, some of these things can ruin careers.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
1: Consult your guitar forum.
2: ??????
3: Go see a physician before we all murder you.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by BackTothe101
hmm, prolly shouldnt fap so much then

yea pretty much

but really its probably the typing, a lot of people who work at a computer all day get carpel tunnel or whatever, that combined with guitar is probably not the best thing ever. get one of those pad things to stick below the keyboard to keep your wrists up for good typing posture or whatever, i dont know how else to explain it.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by zackk
well, ive been having pain in my left wrist and i think something might be wrong. i have two classes at school that require me to type a lot and i play guitar for at least 2 hours a day. does anyone know what i should do?

Don't tell anyone at ug your wrist hurts or really for that matter no one.lol
My Gear:
1.epiphone boneyard
2.hagstrom acoustic
3.Squier strat
4.Johnson acoustic
5.Peavy 158 rage
6.zoom 505 II

Although some of my gear might not be the best I still love to play them all the time
Look, it's his left wrist... as far as I know, every right handed guy masturbates with his right hand. He means that he got pains in his left wrist because that's the hand he controls the neck with, or however I should say it.

Seriously though, a bit of exercise wouldn't hurt ya.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I've got it too, and I'm pretty sure that it's from guitar. Just going to stop playing for a day or two.

Just tell your teachers that you can't play and give them that very reason.
Are you an emo?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

^ no lol. and thanks everyone who gave me serious advice.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
might be rsi or tendinitis. Best to be fully relaxed and warmed up when playing. most importantly use light strings. i have had a lot of probs and tried everything but only things that worked were hand massaging warming up and during a play, the powerballs and using light strings and low action.
Your technique may need work, I know a guy who had a weird fretting technique and developed either tendinitis or carpal tunnel (don't remember which one). But it got really bad and he had to learn how to play completely differently... so get it checked out before something like that happens
I had this same thing once... but my right hand. It went away in about a week... I think it was tendonidous.(sp)
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Ice it, stop 'fapping' for a while and take a break from guitar (heartbreaking i know, but nessisary) and if you get a note from a physician then you dont have to type either.
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.