Well i gots a schecter omen-7, so im just wondering if i should put like 750$ into putting a floydd rose whammy bar, w/ nut lock, emg 81-7's X2 and a custom paint job. let me know
p.s i love my guitar
thanks
Thats a lot of ****ing money. If you sold the schecter and added the money from that to the money you were gonna put into it, you could get a nice ****ing guitar. But if you love you guitar and think it needs that stuff, then do it.
I wouldn't do it. Its a great guitar but there are better, and more importantly you don't have any guarantee that the mods won't ruin the sound.
Quote by Say Ocean
Thats a lot of ****ing money. If you sold the schecter and added the money from that to the money you were gonna put into it, you could get a nice ****ing guitar. But if you love you guitar and think it needs that stuff, then do it.

+1. I mean, if it's the guitar you learned "Stairway To Heaven" on, it's got that personal attachment...
i say sell it, and buy a better seven string with that stuff on it
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
thing is the sound isnt that good right now, and everything would be done profesionally
lol i just got the guitar like 2 months ago, i dont really wanna sell it
If it doesn't sound good I would re-evaluate your amp or settings. For the money you are considering investing plus the purchase cost of the guitar you are getting close to the price of a Carvin California Carved-Top with a Floyd.
The CT6C goes for $1469. Here's a link:
http://www.carvin.com/
I am a former Carvin owner (got stolen.) Very high quality reasonable prices.
Check out some other guitars while you are there if that's to pricey. Good luck.
seriously dude, thats more than the guitars worth. you can get a schecter c-7 fr with a floyde, duncan active pickups, the whole deal. or just go with the c-7 hellraiser(i have a c-1 hellraiser) but i really dont think it would be worth the money to put that much into a low budget guitar. like other people said, if your tone is lacking that much just buy a new amp, that makes the biggest difference. oh, and if you love your guitar so much, would you really want people routing out the back and drilling holes in it for the floyde? just a thought.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by SkateEmerica987
seriously dude, thats more than the guitars worth. you can get a schecter c-7 fr with a floyde, duncan active pickups, the whole deal. or just go with the c-7 hellraiser(i have a c-1 hellraiser) but i really dont think it would be worth the money to put that much into a low budget guitar. like other people said, if your tone is lacking that much just buy a new amp, that makes the biggest difference. oh, and if you love your guitar so much, would you really want people routing out the back and drilling holes in it for the floyde? just a thought.

yea i understand what yer saying, its more of a personalizing thing for me