Hey i have an old first act guitar with a humbucker, but since i play bass i wanna make it wicked awesome.so i was wondering if i took out the humbucker could i wire to strat single coil pickups in its place and run em at the same time, or would it be a waste of a good guitar.if you think i can the im also looking for a wiring diagram or info on how to do it.its the guitar that looks like a les paul.
Single coil pickups wired in series at the same time = humbucker. It'd be a change in tone, but it's pretty pointless. You could wire them in parallel, but that'd just sound like your mid/bridge combo on a Strat with more bridgey tone.
uh dude, i would NOT try to DIY a job like that. it might sound OK, but remember a humbucker is just 2 single coils but one is turned around. and if your going to do that, have a professional guitar worker do it, cuz it can go pretty wrong.
^ Why not? Hell, it's about four solder joints, and all that'll happen if you screw it up is a really wierd sound. The really problem is getting two separate single coils to stay together in a humbucker slot; a purely mechanical thing.

How wrong can it go?
im lookin for a lil different sound. its just a sh tty first act but you know it still cost a pretty penny.i guess ill wait until i get more info on how to do it since itl be my first wiring procedure unless some one thinks they can give me the staps on how to do it(i also have another humbucker but its from a cheap Kay guitar but it may sound better than this one)
then mod it so that it can switch between series and parallel???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
not a clue what this stuff means because im new at modding my guitar other than making pickguards
^it's a switch that can convert a humbucker into a strat's bridge+mid combo ish. it would be a bit twangier, but u'll notice a difference.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard