I want to get new pickups for my strat (probably for Christmas) and I was wondering what kinds of pickups would be best for Strat-like tones. In other words, higher quality strat pickup's than the ones that come in standard strats.

Are the SCN's any good? Or would Texas specials be better? Are there other good ones?

Also, on an unrelated note, has anyone ever tried putting a tele bridge pickup into a strat? Not that I'm thinking of doing that, I'm just curious.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
I've been wanting to know this too. What kind of music are you into? I'm looking for an excellent classic Strat blues and classic rock tone, sort of like Jimi Hendrix or Buddy Guy. I've been mainly looking at Lindy Fralin pickups, but I'm also open to more suggestions if anyone's got them.
Fender SCN sound great and quacky in my friends Strat.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Fralins or Kinmans!
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
I've heard from people and in person that noiseless strat pickups are nice, but no matter who makes them, they lose some of the chime that traditional pickups have.

There are a lot of choices for strat pickups, and they're all very high quality, it just really depends on what you want and how much you're willing to play. Fralin, Suhr and SD designs all make high quality, expensive, pickups. Fenders 57/62 set gets a lot of love around here.

Basically, if you want Clapton/Hendrix/Gilmour tones, go for 60's style pickups (normally dubbed that or vintage hot) , if you want cleaner, bluesier tones, more country tones, go for 50's style pickups. That being said, the difference between the two, if made well, is going to be nominal to non-guitarists, and very small even to the biggest tone snob.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Fender Fat 50's most definately

And I love the Double Muff
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
I play a lot of Hendrix, SRV, Led Zeppelin, RHCP, RATM, and um....Actually, I'm at the point now where I'm no so much interested in being able to play other people's songs as I am into playing my own stuff. Most of the time I just improvise blues-hard rock stuff. I'm think that the 60's style or texas special pickups would be good.

I'm personally not much of a fan of the Double Muff. I can't really find a use for it, seeing as the only distortion I use is my amp's overdrive.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
i dont use it as a main distortion. I use it to add some dirt to the overdrive on my Blues Junior to get a heavy classic rock sound. I find it sounds a lot better with boosted mids, it smooths the sound out, and it isnt fizzy anymore
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild