Page 1 of 2
When you have to dress formally, what do you wear? I find that the long hair doesn't often compliment just a suit and tie. Hair down or in a ponytail?

Metrosexual thread ftw.
Peace.
I just let it chill as it is, but then again rare is the occasion in which I have to dress formally.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Ponytail... looks neater
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
used to have long hair
id leave it it down

but now i got short gelled hair with sideburns so formals arent that demanding
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
The real question is do you really have to wear a suit? If so then leave it down cause long hair is the best. If no then wheres the problem
down, its the only way to go.
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Slick it back. Ponytail.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
I used to find it hard to make my long hair look acceptable for formal occasions.

Usually I just get it behind my ears and let it do it's own thing, I usually end up with an Adam Jones/Sephiroth sort of look...lol

By that I just mean that my hair does the little flippy thing that Sephiroths does at the front.

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being..."

~ C.G. Jung
what the hell is acceptable? i used to have long hair and i wore whatever the hell i wanted
leavitttt
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
All guys with long hair should wear their hair down all the time.
Personal opinion.
UGHC Member
Quote by Magero
You're my whore....I'm Defy's...it's a chain dude...you just happen to be at the bottom of it...unless theres an ear-wig or someting you wanna make your bitch.

Quote by Vittu0666
You rock.
ponytail.

EDIT: Mind that only for formal do i put my hair in a ponytail...nothing else...NOTHING.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I just leave it down. The only time I put my hair in a ponytail is when I'm shaving or washing my face or something. I'm prolly gonna have to tie it up when I get to chemistry...but I'm a freshman so thats not for a couple years.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Leave down, man.

If you prefer to be a girl, then put it into a pony tail. If not, then leave it down like a true man.

During the two formal dances that I had long hair for, I kept it down. Hell, I kept it down for my grandpap's funeral. So, keep it down for your testicle's sake.
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Quote by bob311
down, its the only way to go.

+1

I never wear suites, but if I did I'd leave it down.
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
I don't dress formaly.

If I did, I'd probably make a ponytail, yeah.

Because, I have huge amounts of hair, and it's always in the way, and that wouldn't look formal, eh.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Meh I just leave it as is, the suit and tie are enough.

And I also agree better to just leave it down.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I usually just leave it down.

The only times I'll ever actually wear it in a ponytail are during funerals. You know, don't wanna risk getting my shedding hair on the body =P
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Slick it back.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
I leave my hair down but I spray it and brush the hell out of it until it's smooth because my hair is naturally frizzy.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
I tie it down all the time. There's nothing wrong with letting it down but I have thin hair that easily gets tussled so it looks bad. Strangely it looks best when I wake up because the matted locks look like dreads haha.
There is no end to creation.
Just keep it behind your ears and bit over your shoulders, looks proffessional if you ask me...
I used to have curly hair, but I had it chemically treated and now it's wavy/straight, kinda like Emil Werstler back when he had hair lol, google image him if you want a better idea. It's basically the same length, hair shape, colour and thickness as his. Whenever I'm wearing a suit I slick it back in a ponytail and gel the hair on the top of my head down, it does suit me but I wear it down at home as I'm only 14 and I think it looks cooler down generally. And occasionally I do, like if I'm out for a formal meal or something I wear it down but if it's a more important occasion like a wedding or a funeral then I tie it back in the way I explained above. Also, lots of gel and a comb is crucial for the "slicked-back Italian greaseball look". XD
Ponytail usually, but I've thought about leaving it down sometimes since it looks pretty good sometimes. I usually have my hair in a ponytail anyway, but if I'm dressing up, chances are I'm not going to be doing anything where my hair would get in the way.

Edit: Holy necrobump!
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jun 3, 2011,
Quote by theangelofmeth
I used to have curly hair, but I had it chemically treated and now it's wavy/straight, kinda like Emil Werstler back when he had hair lol, google image him if you want a better idea. It's basically the same length, hair shape, colour and thickness as his. Whenever I'm wearing a suit I slick it back in a ponytail and gel the hair on the top of my head down, it does suit me but I wear it down at home as I'm only 14 and I think it looks cooler down generally. And occasionally I do, like if I'm out for a formal meal or something I wear it down but if it's a more important occasion like a wedding or a funeral then I tie it back in the way I explained above. Also, lots of gel and a comb is crucial for the "slicked-back Italian greaseball look". XD

This has to be the most doped up necrobump I've seen here.

edit: are you actually on meth or something? Reading this post I thought, "jeez, where does this guy find time to breathe?" before realising, yeah, you know.
Last edited by descara at Jun 3, 2011,
Not only did he see fit to bump this, he made another thread as well. What a jackass...
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Intense rejuvenation of a thread.

OT: You're probably bald now due to how old this thread is, but I tied mine back probably twice in years. Just leave it down brah. Apart from job interviews.
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at Jun 3, 2011,
Page 1 of 2