Are there any solos you know that you heard and thought "Piece of cake" then actually tried to learn and had a tough time with? Mine would be Symphony of destruction by Megadeth and that solo somewhere in the middle of Take the Time by Dream theater (the guitar/synth one)
The first Holy Wars solo. I cried when I looked at the tab.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
The first Holy Wars solo. I cried when I looked at the tab.

lol second one is not that hard, I could learn it in a few months, I got the first 3 seconds down, already :P
soma smashing pumpkins... its the tone more than anything thats hard to get... and the harmonic glitches that they achieve
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I can't think of any specific situations like that, but I have run into the opposite with the solo in the Coffee Hills Jingle from Dethklok. It sounded like it was gonna make my fingers bleed, then I found the tabs and learned it in about 2 seconds.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Any time I've tried to learn a live version of a Bon Jovi solo - they often don't sound that different from the simple studio versions, but god damn does Richie through in all sorts of quiet, subtle, extra stupidly complex bits when he's not in a studio! I usually get about 1/5 of the way through then think "**** this, I could have worked out the original version backwards by now".
In comparison to the second solo, the first solo in Mr. Crowley sounds a lot easier, but I found it to be harder than the second.
Quote by Vittu0666
In comparison to the second solo, the first solo in Mr. Crowley sounds a lot easier, but I found it to be harder than the second.

I know exactly what you mean, that figure he does in the first solo with the pentatonic thing is so much harder to do than you would think.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
ya know, I had a real bitch of a time trying to learn Tornado of Souls. It doesn't sound super hard, but he's got a really unique style/technique and phrasing that really threw me.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids