I am ready to buy a new amp for performing at bars, and clubs, and on stage and the whole sha-bang. Right now i have a Line 6 Spider III 75 chillen in my room and my guitar tech will give me $400 for it on a trade in.

My Question to you guys is should i go out and buy a stack with a 4x12 cab, or get a tube amp with a 2x12. My budget is around $1200.

My friend has a Peavy Windsor tube stack that is pretty nice, but i want to be unique and get something killer. Some people have been recomending a Line 6 Spider III 120 HD head with a 4x12 Cabinet.

So what do you think? I play Hard Rock/Metal/Rock/Punk Rock
Definitely don't get another Spider.

I'd say a used 5150 but it depends on how much gain you really use.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Wait, he'll give you more than it costs new on a trade in? Nice!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
your getting $400 for a $300 amp? sweet!
and are you really gonna need an amp and a 2x12 or a 4x12?
you could try and find a nice mesa for 1200
MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!!

Rectifier, Nomad, Mark or F-Series.

Nomad 100 head would do you well, and I know a guy who plans on selling his.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
I dont know im just asking your opnion, do you think i need a stack if the other guy has a peavy windsor half stack?
Quote by Dapolander
I dont know im just asking your opnion, do you think i need a stack if the other guy has a peavy windsor half stack?

No, you don't.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
what music do you play?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I play stuff from Rush to Sum 41, Metallica to Iron Maiden, Some Breaking Benjamin and some Red hot Chili Peppers. Pretty much anything hard rock/ metal and even a lil punk rock or old school rock, like Europe.
some of the vht or soldano combos might be worth a look... just check they're under budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Scum_PunkRocker
MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!! MESA!!

Rectifier, Nomad, Mark or F-Series.

Nomad 100 head would do you well, and I know a guy who plans on selling his.

The Nomads and F-Series are now not being made anymore, discontinued but what do you all think about the Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb?
Quote by Dapolander
The Nomads and F-Series are now not being made anymore, discontinued but what do you all think about the Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb?

Never tried or heard a Rect-O-Verb, but I've heard good things. Yeah the Nomads and F-Series are discontinued, but that's what e-bay is for. Besides, buying used will save you money, and like I said, I know someone who plans on selling their Nomad 100 (and I believe it's got a switch to go from 100 to 60 watts).

Also, do you NEED a stack? No. Will your sound be huge, full and will your rig look bad ass? HELLZ YEAH! Some other advantages to a stack is that you can mix up the amp and speakers, like a Mesa head through a Marshall cab or an Orange head through a Fender cab etc... You also get more speaker options (1x12, 2x12, 4x12, 2x10, 4x10 1x15). If you want more versatility, projection and muscles (from lugging those cabs around) then get a stack. Actually a stack would probably be easier to carry, cause the amp and cab are separate reducing the weight of each (my 2x10 40W tube combo is heavy as hell).
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
^or a 2x12" cab. You don't always need a 4x12" cab. I'd go on, but there's a forum around here about that debate already. I'm just suggesting you look at 2x12" cabs in your price range.
alrighty well i put a nice lil down payment on Laney tube amp and a 4x12 Celestion cab, it was gonna cost me 1600 in total but im getting it for 1000 cash and my spider III 75, what a steal lol!