today a friend told me that people are making songs that have a really high pitch and because of that kids can hear it but adults can't....anyone know if it's true?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Mosquito noise, yes, by the shops that kids hang about to stop anti-social behaviour. One was at my local betting shop and it was really high pitched, I can see why it's effective.
Highly Doubtful...... I don't know how that could possibly work.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
it actually works. once you hit puberty your ear develops so it cant hear it but people under 12 generally can hear it. they play it as an anti-loitering sound around places and i remember hearing about a ringtone made of that pitch so no adults could hear it
theres ringtones for kids to use on cellphones that work like that, but people don't make actual songs like that.
*removed*
some kids use that as ringtones for their phones at school bcause their teachers cant hear it.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Infatuation
what's the point of making that kind of music?

it would be cool if we could play music during class that only students could hear lol
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by Deliriumbassist
mosquito noise is bullsh*t , anyone with half decent hearing can hear it.

That's because you're 19 and not your hearing still hasn't matured enough.
lol can you imagine the parents!

Mom: So what do you want for dinner today?

The kids listening to a whiny high pitched voice of slipknot (lmao)

the parent is staring at him/her while their kid is listening to slipknot telling them to kill their parents....

It'd never work though, the parents and activist groups would be all over it. Besides, what of you're an adult and happen to be a fan of the same band?

Lol can you imagine listening to some metal-core "friendsoffoamy" sounding voice. It'd be hilarious
Quote by kidsilcon
That's because you're 19 and not your hearing still hasn't matured enough.

considering my 54 year old dad can hear it clear as day as well.

EDIT: Also, I don't actually have a functioning ear drum in my right ear, so my hearing is f*cked as well.
If they put it in songs, it'd have to be so high pitched...It would hurt...Its like listening to Gwen Stefani...Hurts...And is probably damaging...
i actually played it like 30 times once during a class on a computer since the teacher was too old to be able to hear it. if you put it on a high volume it drives everyone insane. haha, good times...

check out this site: http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/
*removed*
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
it actually works. once you hit puberty your ear develops so it cant hear it but people under 12 generally can hear it. they play it as an anti-loitering sound around places and i remember hearing about a ringtone made of that pitch so no adults could hear it

What the hell are you on about. It's made for ages between 11-20 and the ringtone you heared is not the same thing because mosquito noise dosn't come from the same speaker as a phone and adults can hear it because phone frequency dosn't go that high.

Oh and it's not a song in case anyone dosn't understand; its a high frequency sound that's usually by shops.
Last edited by kidsilcon at Oct 17, 2007,
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

10 and 11 year olds dont loiter.........around here at least

Jack my swag
well, kids can hear higher pitches than adults, but it would sound like nothing listenable to if you ever make a song that high pitched.
Quote by blues-guitarist
today a friend told me that people are making songs that have a really high pitch and because of that kids can hear it but adults can't....anyone know if it's true?

no

there are cell ringtones that do that, but the sound is so high-pitched that it's actually nauseating.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by MakotoYume

the parent is staring at him/her while their kid is listening to slipknot telling them to kill their parents....

It'd never work though, the parents and activist groups would be all over it. Besides, what of you're an adult and happen to be a fan of the same band?

Lol can you imagine listening to some metal-core "friendsoffoamy" sounding voice. It'd be hilarious

You're a ****ing idiot.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
its called like "bluegrass" or something , maybe its a codeword, ive heard its really annoying and they only use hillbilly instruments
Let the flamming begin from annybody from kentucky!
Quote by Teabag of Truth
You're a ****ing idiot.

Haha, you beat me to it. Why don't people just take a few seconds to read?
whatever happened to putting it on vibrate or easily just put it on silent and check to see if someone is calling or texting you. do u really need to have a ringtone so everyone else knows ur "blowin up?"
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Quote by MakotoYume

pardon?

when did it say anything about slipknot or metal? they dont do that.......

Jack my swag