does anybody know anything about jay turser guitars? are they any good? i saw someone playing a jay turser lp model (well, lp copy i guess) today and it looked very nice, but i wasnt able to play it, so i was wondering if anyone knows about their lp's or any other lines of guitars by them. i was looking for a new guitar (possibly for slide, but that doesnt really matter) and i was wondering how good these are, since i assume they're affordable.
*removed*
my brother has a jay turser bass n its a peice of ****
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
My friend played a Jay Turser Blue Strat coy, through micro cube, and It doesn't sound that bad. Preety much a good bet for a begginer.
ive been told by an acquaintance that his Jay Turser telecaster copy sounds nice and holds its tune well. never tried one myself though.
My friend didn't keep his for too long. He says it looked nice, but that was all.
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
My first guitar was a Jay Turser Strat rip off. The neck plays well, stays in tune relatively well and is great for a beginner. Downfall: The nut came loose once, and the pickups will have quite a bit of hum and not have a high output.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
hmm thats too bad. well thanks anyways. i guess being on par with fender and gibson is just wishful thinking.
*removed*
I played a Jay Turser Goldtop LP at my local shop once. I only got to play it acoustically, but however it felt like 6 lbs lighter than a normal LP..... I suspect plywood.
I have two Jay Turser guitars and I love them both. I have a Warlord and a Flying V copy. The warlord has a set neck, great pups deep clear purple finish over flame maple top over a mahogany body. The guitar is a real looker. The V is a bolt on neck copy of a 67 Gibson V the head stock is a little narrower. It plays and feels good the pups are OK not as good as the Warlord. I have no clue what the bosy is made from it has decent weight so I would imagine it's not basswood or something light. I took the pickguard off and it's not ply wood either. I really like the JT 55C and I am thinking about grabbing one if I can find one to try out.

Click here for the JT55C

If your interested in the guitar try it out and if you think it's a good deal go for it.

John
i have a strat copy, i love it more then my MIM fender

neck plays well, stays in tune alright, and mine is INSANELY light (less then a pound)
They look nice....

That's about it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I've had two. I had a bass that was an interesting shape that played real well, but the pickups were awful. Then the knobs fell off since it was a split shaft pot and it broke. So I traded that one out.

I've also have a seafoam green JT45 (Not made anymore, but it was a SG Jr. copy), that looked so rad I couldn't pass it up for 150$. So I decided it was going to be my first mod project. I probably ended up spending another 300-400$ more on parts and it still sucked. It was glittering up a piece of junk basically.

In other words, buy it and put it on your wall. That's all it's good for.
Last edited by Mecler at Oct 17, 2007,
This is a bit of a bump. I found a local guitar shop that carries Jay Tursers and a friend of mine and I played several today. I have to say for $199.00 ea they rock we tried 3 Les Paul copies an SG, Tele, Strat and a bass or two. While we were goofing around a couple guys/customers who never would have given them a second thought picked them up too and we were all jamming like mad. We all agreed they are nice guitars even if they were twice the price. If I didn't have two guitars on the way and an Epi phone Les Paul/SG with three pups and gold harware I am thinking about, I would have grabbed the SG it reminded me of an old one I had when I collected Gibsons. It was trans red with gold pups and hardware. Real sweet.

John
My mate got a Jay Turser LP for his 2nd guitar, pretty good. It's not as good as my Squier Tele, but I'm biased cos I love that thing, but definitely worth the money. Just the typical balance problem, its a bit top heavy, but alright overall.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
they're not bad.......it all depends what model you buy. I have a Randy Rhoads Flying V Copy for my 2nd guitar, and it plays fairly well but the pickups aren't the best. The best Turser I've tried was one of their Serpent guitars, the ones with the like the snake design going up the fretboard, They play and sound amazing! Anyways good for a beginner or for someone who's already advanced and needs another decent electric guitar because they're on a tight budget (like me).
doesn't jay turser make a really cheap double neck? I've heard they do and they're actually quite good.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I've got a Turser Less Paul and it's my main guitar over my Epiphone G-400 Goth.
Quote by shredmeiser101
doesn't jay turser make a really cheap double neck? I've heard they do and they're actually quite good.

Yes they do, although I've never gotten to play one.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by RentACar
My friend played a Jay Turser Blue Strat coy, through micro cube, and It doesn't sound that bad. Preety much a good bet for a begginer.

well....maybe but the micro cube sounds great and has enough effects to cover up the horrible noise of the jay turser.

REALLY I wouldnt buy one unless it was on sale for 25 bucks. they fall apart easily. and dont sound good IMO. no one good uses them. OKAY choice for beginners....
I owned two, a PRS Custom 22 copy and a Peavy Wolfgang copy with a floyd.

they were both nice guitars for the money. they weren't great, just good. I wouldn't get another one, unless it was going to be used as wall art.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
I have three Jay Turser guitars, the first is a 335 clone. That semi hollow body is perfect and is so much better than an Epiphone. Close to Gubson quality. I have a rose wood tele and a Jaguar. I have worked long hours in crap bars to nice hotels with these guitars. I love them, not a money thing. They are just that good.
I have three Jay Turser guitars, the first is a 335 clone. That semi hollow body is perfect and is so much better than an Epiphone. Close to Gubson quality. I have a rose wood tele and a Jaguar. I have worked long hours in crap bars to nice hotels with these guitars. I love them, not a money thing. They are just that good.
Quote by kevinpaul

Necro much? I mean this thread passed away nearly 9 years ago

How long did it take you to even find this?
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at May 25, 2016,