anybody think this yamaha guitar is a good guiitar package to start with for a noob like me?
or if you know better ones that are good for beginners please give me a link or something
My friend started with that guitar. Minus the fact that it came out of tune without whammy use, it was pretty good for a starter guitar.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
iduno about how well that guitar would play and my general rule of thumb would not to buy a guitar (or just about anything) from walmart, and that amp looks like crap, but the guitar is made of basswood (not the worse wood better then agathis and the like), pickups are probobly weak but hey, its a starter guitar right?
What id consider to be of importance is not being made of agathis or ****ty wood, having a good feel, being in intonation (the correct notes sound on the correct frets) and tuning stability (which would probobly suck with a cheap vibrato system so id atleast remove the whammy bar if i bought that guitar), but you could definatly do worse then that yamaha (though you could also probobly do better).
go to musiciansfriend.com and look through the fender starter guitars, i had one for about $150 at most. its actually better than my $500 fender, which for some reason the damn bridge won't work right
I would go with the Yamaha Pacifica and for the amp a Peavey Backstage. Buy them separately, most packs aren't very good.
Quote by uldhppi
I would go with the Yamaha Pacifica and for the amp a Peavey Backstage. Buy them separately, most packs aren't very good.

Aye, beware starter packs.