Page 1 of 2
Well sorry to bring the mood down a bit tonight, but i just wanted to share that one of my good friends died earlier today.
I had just gotten back from a jam session at my drummers place when i got the call from his mother

The details are sketchy, but they're pretty sure it was drug/alcohol overdose
But he was on a lot of pain meds for an accident he had a while back so it might have something to do with that; they're just not sure....

Anyway, he was a brilliant guitarist who could play songs after hearing them for the first time, he composed his school's song for the whole orchestra and he was beginning his first year at a great school with an awesome music scholarship.

So i just want to say to all of you to just be careful. I know we've all had experiences with drugs and alcohol, but you're too important for your lives to be wasted like that.
There's some dangerous **** out there....just please dont hurt yourselves or anyone else.
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Rust In Peace.
R.I.P

Maybe he sleep forever in the hands of a higher god.
Last edited by The_Nightwish at Oct 17, 2007,
Man that sucks....
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
that's too bad man. sounds like the world has been deprived of another music genius. RIP.
sorry man, may he Rest In Peace
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Sorry to hear bro. It's hard losing someone, especially something that could be prevented. May he RIP
Originally posted by slash_cobain
when the refrigerater tells u to kill stuff and then u do it and noone believes that the refrigerater would say such a thing and while all this is going on, the frige, sitting innocently in the corner, starts making anti semitic remarks
Sorry to hear that dude. R.I.P
Where the hell is my signature????

i know it sucks but i dont care
srry man...its wierd how these stories bring me down more than others ive heard, i guess its becuz i look at UG as a second family
thanks a lot you guys
it just makes me mad
he was only 18 and he had everything going for him
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
Quote by sysdown27
Well sorry to bring the mood down a bit tonight, but i just wanted to share that one of my good friends died earlier today.
I had just gotten back from a jam session at my drummers place when i got the call from his mother

The details are sketchy, but they're pretty sure it was drug/alcohol overdose
But he was on a lot of pain meds for an accident he had a while back so it might have something to do with that; they're just not sure....

Anyway, he was a brilliant guitarist who could play songs after hearing them for the first time, he composed his school's song for the whole orchestra and he was beginning his first year at a great school with an awesome music scholarship.

So i just want to say to all of you to just be careful. I know we've all had experiences with drugs and alcohol, but you're too important for your lives to be wasted like that.
There's some dangerous **** out there....just please dont hurt yourselves or anyone else.

Rip.
This thread is so serious..
but every time I see your sig, I crack up.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
sorry to hear about it, but you really shouldn't post this on the internet. no one's said anything yet, but people will be dicks
my condolances man
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Sorry man, RIP.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
That sucks dude
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by jakesmellspoo
sorry to hear about it, but you really shouldn't post this on the internet. no one's said anything yet, but people will be dicks

i totally realize that, but i had to get it out there
like you said, people will be dicks but honestly i dont care right now

thanks for keeping it serious though (so far...)
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
May he find peace up with the rest of rock's legends.

I used to be best friends with a guy named Seth. Great drummer, funny as hell guy to be around, awesome skateboarder.

Got into pot, slept with his girlfriend, got more into pot, slept more with her, left her, more pot, more girls, more pot, went skating while stoned and broke his jaw pretty bad. Needed facial reconstruction.

Now he just sits at home and smokes. You might as well call him dead. This is what drugs do =/
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Sorry to hear that bro. The world loses another great guitarist to an OD...

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
---------------------------
that sucks man... R.I.P.
the talented die, and the people like carrot top and vanilla ice are still alive... such an injustice
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I don't think anyone would be that heartless...

And if they are, may the ban hammer come down swift upon them.

R.I.P
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by CodySG
I don't think anyone would be that heartless...

And if they are, may the ban hammer come down swift upon them.

R.I.P

heartless? who
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
That's a shame, he sounded like he had a lot of potential and talent.
R.I.P, sorry to hear that bud. I'm sure he'll be joining all his great influences in the sky.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
Sorry for your loss, he sounded like a cool guy.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

I'm sorry to hear about that.

It really pains me to know about the death of innocent people. I hope your friend is in a better place. And my condolences go out to you and your friend's family.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by jakesmellspoo

if someone acts like a total dick over a matter like this...they're not people...just idiots...
this is serious...i know how it feels, its no natural cause man. and its always hard to lose a friend or someone because of something that could have been prevented, i felt guilty for not stopping my ex do drugs, but buddy don't let it get to you, you dont need to feel guilty
I can relate to how you must be feeling. My best friend was shot and killed by an off duty police officer ( who was later found to be in the wrong ). Things like this shouldn't be happening. No mother should have to bury her child.

Hang in there.
whats with people dieing lately like everyday someone dies at least once and then theres othe days where half of the threads are "my friend died"..........whats going on everyone?
terribly sorry to hear that, man. i know what its like. My mother died at the beginning of August, and im still a total mess
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
sorry to hear that man, i can´t say ive experienced death of close ones, but i know how it feels to lose a friend because of drugs/alcohol. so im really sorry man and i hope that he now R.I.P
Well atleast this mourning thread has alot more substance and inner depth than half the others ones popping up these days just asking for condolences.

What you said is very true... and I'm only beginning to realize nowadays what drugs and alcohol can do if they're in the wrong hands. It's always sad for someone young to lose their life and it sucks for everyone around them.

Seems like a good kid. Keep your chin up.
Sorry man, it's really terrible when someone that young loses his life to drugs and alcohol. hang in there.
Remember the good times, learn from the bad. Keep a firm place in your heart for him so that he may never truly die.

Your friend is in my thoughts, man. May his accomplishments be immortal.
Quote by flame843
My original intent was to put "...but never trust the French," but I didn't for fear of starting a flame war with some French UGER.

Quote by Funkbass796
why worry about that? They'd surrender immediatly.
Page 1 of 2