self customizing guitars is abig deal for me, and being able to fix little problems easily myself is a big plus for me when it comes to guitar. well my birthday is coming up and i feel like its time for a new electric and its down between a fender strat (most likely used so i can get a better model) or an epiphone dot deluxe.

now the fender is winning is because of the amazing action and neck

but the hollowbody is close second because of the tone and im used to the epi action so its not big deal for me.

but what my real question is, how the hell do you work on a hollowbody, they have no back cavities, so does that mean i have to work through the f-holes and pup cavities because if so the strat is the clear winner.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
sometimes you can access thru the pup cavities. either that or it's thru the F-holes, and fishing out input jacks with a hanger, thru a little hole.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have an Ibanez Artcore, and the number one reason that I havn't played with it's pups and pots and such is the difficulty of getting inside. Jenny's right, you'll have to tear the thing down to even do something as simple as swapping a pot.

Used Fender Strats (even MIM Standards) are lovely.
Tie a thin string around the pegs of the pots and the toggle before you remove them. That way you can pull them back into place when you re-assemble. Makes things alot easier.
Last edited by Jason43 at Oct 18, 2007,
i guess that strat wins...for now... when i ge t more money ill see what happens... but seriously acoat hanger? that seems so pointlessly difficult...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
put your dick inside it BITCH
DIMEBAG=BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Dimebag=Best
DIMEBAG=BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best advice ever for working on hollowbodies tbh. Really helps, I've just tried it.
Quote by Dimebag=Best

I've found reporting non-useful people quite useful

and yeah, f-holes and pickup cavities are the only places
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Dimebag=Best

Youre a dumbass.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Last edited by cliffemall123 at Oct 19, 2007,
^he was reported, so that's just spam.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011