I'm thinking of buying a zune 30gig mp3 player i about a week or so and i'm wondering if any of you fellow uger's have one and know how awesome/gay they are. And could someone please rephrase what the wifi for it is capable of...

And also if i buy the $199 one, is that with the charger, program, and usb cable?
They've got great hardware, but the firmware is restrictive, and... well it's crap.

I'd go for an iPod or Zen. If you don't like Apple's firmware you can just replace it with rockbox, and the Zen has good firmware, no need to replace.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
It's the best mp3 player I've ever used, and I've used alot. Awesome sound quality, nice big screen, really cool UI and very easy program. And when you buy it you get the player, charger, program disk, a case, earbuds, and a 14 day trial for the Zune pass, which is unlimited music downloads for a monthly fee. You could also wait for the 80gig to come out that has a slightly bigger screen and a touch pad like thing, but I don't know if you would need all that memory.

You can use the wifi to send songs to people. When songs were sent to your Zune it used to only be playable 3 times and for 3 days, but they're coming out with a firmware update that will let you have an unlimited time to use your 3 plays. It's only 3 plays because the record companies aren't making any money ( ) but it's still really cool to share songs with people. The firmware update will also let you wirelessly sync media from your computer.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I've used both iPods and Zunes and seriously, the Zunes are crap compaired to iPods. I really don't recomend getting a Zune, the firmware sucks hard and they can be mad glitchy (never had any problems with any other mp3 player).
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
I've used both iPods and Zunes and seriously, the Zunes are crap compaired to iPods. I really don't recomend getting a Zune, the firmware sucks hard and they can be mad glitchy (never had any problems with any other mp3 player).

Lol.

iPods are the most overrated pieces of crap out there, Zune beats the iPod in almost everything except for having a click wheel or some crap like that.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Last edited by clincher09 at Oct 17, 2007,
Quote by clincher09
It's the best mp3 player I've ever used, and I've used alot. Awesome sound quality, nice big screen, really cool UI and very easy program. And when you buy it you get the player, charger, program disk, a case, earbuds, and a 14 day trial for the Zune pass, which is unlimited music downloads for a monthly fee. You could also wait for the 80gig to come out that has a slightly bigger screen and a touch pad like thing, but I don't know if you would need all that memory.

You can use the wifi to send songs to people. When songs were sent to your Zune it used to only be playable 3 times and for 3 days, but they're coming out with a firmware update that will let you have an unlimited time to use your 3 plays. It's only 3 plays because the record companies aren't making any money ( ) but it's still really cool to share songs with people. The firmware update will also let you wirelessly sync media from your computer.

you seem to know a lot about them, so... can you send videos to others on them?
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
you seem to know a lot about them, so... can you send videos to others on them?

Nah, just songs and pictures. It's still a really cool feature though.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by clincher09
Lol.

iPods are the most overrated pieces of crap out there, Zune beats the iPod in almost everything except for having a click wheel or some crap like that.

The new ones have some sort of touch interface
Once the Zune 2nd generations come out, they'll take the new features (like wireless synching) and allow people with the older Zunes to update to those features for free in a firmware update, which is cool (Yes I know someone already said this, just restating because it's awesome). I like my Zune, I'd take it over ipods anyday, but that's just because ipods are overrated imo.
If you're just going to use it for movies, music, and pictures, there's no comparison in my opinion.

If you already have itunes and a bunch of music files in there, then idk, it might be better to go with an Ipod. The minute you plug your zune in, it takes all your mp3s and throws them on there for you.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
i have an ipod, and illl have a zune soon (100 bucks on woot.com!! hell yeah!)
i like zunes for video playback, aswell as compatability
but ipods are usually pretty reliable for music
its just preference
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

im not left handed i just have a mac btw.

Quote by NaivexLi
Yes...I named my penis Darth Vader.
Yes, they are great. Will be better with the firmware update in November. I would wait for Zune 2.
I use an iPod (easiest to sync with my Mac+good sound quality), but my roommate's been looking at the Zune 2.0 and it looks pretty sweet.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~