ok so i am now working on a new project and the only thing that is staying the same before is that i am using pod xt live.my guitar is different,my pod amp and settings are different,even the drums are different so what i was hoping for is if you could listen to the mp3 here

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/sidereal9/music/all/play103656
and give me your thoughts,,more on the production not so much the actual music but that to will be fine.should i change my tones yet again?how is the drum mix etc?
Quote by sidereal9
ok so i am now working on a new project and the only thing that is staying the same before is that i am using pod xt live.my guitar is different,my pod amp and settings are different,even the drums are different so what i was hoping for is if you could listen to the mp3 here

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/sidereal9/music/all/play103656
and give me your thoughts,,more on the production not so much the actual music but that to will be fine.should i change my tones yet again?how is the drum mix etc?

I think your tone lacks some 'balls', seeing you are going to make a pretty heavy/progressive song, I'd suggest some more distortion and overdrive.
The drums sound great tho, maybe a bit loud, but that's ok if you put some more guitar/bass layers in it.
Guitarist for: Delain, Arrow Haze, Vengeance, Tri-Head and others.

Official Endorser/Clinicer of:

Aristides Guitars
cool thanks i am using stock ibanez emg designed pickups which i think i need to replace hah..i will try doing some eq to give the guitars more punch.how obvious was it that it was programmed drums?but again thanks sucks trying to learn an all new set up

also i am using my rock kit maybe i should switch it to the metal kick?i dont know though still learning this set up
Last edited by sidereal9 at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by sidereal9
cool thanks i am using stock ibanez emg designed pickups which i think i need to replace hah..i will try doing some eq to give the guitars more punch.how obvious was it that it was programmed drums?but again thanks sucks trying to learn an all new set up

also i am using my rock kit maybe i should switch it to the metal kick?i dont know though still learning this set up

Yeah, they have the reputation to be a bit quiet. (The pickups).
I actually was amazed about the drumsound, they sound like they are played totaly live or something, good job on that.
You could try to use the metal kit, just pick the one that seems best for your style.
Guitarist for: Delain, Arrow Haze, Vengeance, Tri-Head and others.

Official Endorser/Clinicer of:

Aristides Guitars
metal was my old style like death and thrash but dont want to play it much anymore these day i want to do something more rock,,also want to do an instrumental kinda shred project also.yea the drums sound is kinda shocking to me also it is ezdrummer plug in used in fruity loops