ok so i am trying to practice by myself, and i dont have a drummer. i have searched Google but i cant seem to find any good sites with drum backing tracks that i could practice with...does anyone here know of any good sites that they use

thanks
Vala: 1987 Stratocaster Plus
Dargie: MM Stingray 5 HS Dargie Delight 1 of 15
Buttercream (for now): Stingray 4 HH ltd. 2005 Buttercream
Rose: Bongo 5 HH Fretless Candy Apple Red

Dargie Delight Aholic of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
A while back Applehead posted up a bunch of drum loops, someone on the forum may still have a copy they can send you.(I lost mine in a massive computer crash ).

Another option would be to save up for a inexpensive keyboard. Most have drum loop and electronic percussion options, and having a keyboard about is a nice option for composing. Yamaha has some decent models under $100.00.
Quote by anarkee
A while back Applehead posted up a bunch of drum loops, someone on the forum may still have a copy they can send you.(I lost mine in a massive computer crash ).

Another option would be to save up for a inexpensive keyboard. Most have drum loop and electronic percussion options, and having a keyboard about is a nice option for composing. Yamaha has some decent models under $100.00.

excellent idea!
you can run it through a stereo, or amp, and get a very decent, backing drum trak.
i have a casio that works fine. they are are a great learning tool. my favorite is the Alesis SR-16 drum machine. it is by far my #1 practice buddy. they can be had for $50, to $80 used.
+1
you might as well buy a used drum machine, there's nothing better to practice with... well except a real drummer of course.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
+1
you might as well buy a used drum machine, there's nothing better to practice with... well except a real drummer of course.

real drummer rarley can hold a perfectly steady beat and never **** up :p

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
but drum machines can't improvise

i use my keyboard as a drum machine but my multi effects pedal also has one
Quote by Flea_Is_God
but drum machines can't improvise

i use my keyboard as a drum machine but my multi effects pedal also has one

actually, with the footpedals for my Alesis, i can start/stop, add fills, and choose between two pattern variations, for each of the 100 pre-programed patterns.
the drum samples it uses are very "real" sounding.
Quote by Tallman
Download Hydrogen.

nvm...i figured it out

Last edited by Frantic Slayer at Oct 18, 2007,
If you have your computer near you could always go for a program that supports vst plug ins like fruityloops or cubase and just program in your own drum tracks. Its quite easy once you get the hang of it. If you want fairly real sounding samples go for drum kit from hell 2 as a plug in :P(only like 2gig tho) haha
. . .

WOW SH*T

My Axe: WarwickThumb
Quote by Narcotics
real drummer rarley can hold a perfectly steady beat and never **** up :p

But drum machines also tend to throw in fills where no human would ever consider. Plus I'd rather compromise my timing with a live person who will cut me a bit of slack rather than the dictatorship of an electronically programmed device. Which brings me to the old joke of...

Q: What's the difference between a drum machine and a real drummer?
A: With a drum machine you only have to punch the information in once.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
actually, with the footpedals for my Alesis, i can start/stop, add fills, and choose between two pattern variations, for each of the 100 pre-programed patterns.
the drum samples it uses are very "real" sounding.

my does the same but that isn't really improvised, its all preprogrammed and it will do the same fill every time.

but mine doesn't sound real at all lol
Plus, when you're having a really crappy day and playing terribly you can always push the blame onto the real drummer you can't really do that with the drum machine.
hey guys, thanks for the replies, i am playing around with the drum machine software that you gave me. right now Hydrogen seems to be the easiest to use. so i was wondering if you guys have any tips for getting a good drum beat that you can jam to.

thanks,

Frantic