So, I got a new guitar back iun July and I've noticed that its near impossible for me to get a decent sounding Pinch Harmonic on it. On my old guitar (a $100 Epi Les Paul Special II) I can get great sounding pinch harmonics with very little effort. Why is this? My new guitar is a Jackson DKMGT, which is supposed to be really good for Pinch Harmonics, but I just cant get them. I'm pretty new to guitars, is this because my new guitar is just bad? Or does it have something to do with the action or intonation (which I have no idea how to change or anything). Sorry I'm new to this whole thing.
MAD STACKS
You're probably doing it wrong or try different spots to do them, I have that exact guitar, and they're really good on mine.
"I play guitar" - Me
My new guitar is a Jackson DKMGT, which is supposed to be really good for Pinch Harmonics, but I just cant get them. I'm pretty new to guitars, is this because my new guitar is just bad? Or does it have something to do with the action or intonation (which I have no idea how to change or anything). Sorry I'm new to this whole thing.

i lost total respect for you...

EDIT: wait a sec, i had none in the first place...

FAKE EDIT: anyway you gotta find the sweet spot on each string, check the lesson on pinches by pickNgrin on here
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
Quote by pavel
i lost total respect for you...

EDIT: wait a sec, i had none in the first place...

What the hells your problem buddy? If your not going to help then dont bother posting.
MAD STACKS
i did in fact help
Quote by Soulinfector
You're probably doing it wrong or try different spots to do them, I have that exact guitar, and they're really good on mine.
But why would they be really good on the cheap guitar and not sound good on the good guitar? I mean I must be doing something right to get the sound on one of them.
MAD STACKS
"Sweet spots" differ from guitar to guitar.
You just need to find the "sweet spot" on that DKMGT.
I've got the exact same guitar, and I can nail awesome sounding pinch harmonics.
why do people get boners over pinch harmonics? Im not trying to be offensive but can someone explain why people
A. have trouble hitting them
and
b. make a big deal about them
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
try using the bridge pickup

are you an idiot?
Diffent guitars, different scale length (I think), and different pickups, which means the harmonics will (once again, I think) be in another place. Just mess around until you get one out.
Quote by libskate44
why do people get boners over pinch harmonics? Im not trying to be offensive but can someone explain why people
A. have trouble hitting them
and
b. make a big deal about them
Becuase Boners are like Pinch Harmonics.

1. When you use em properley, they kick ass.
2. Some people cant get em at all.
Quote by pavel
are you an idiot?

haha i guess its just because we play different guitars, because on my standard fender tele i cant get any pinch harmonics to ring out using the neck pickup, but if i switch to the bridge or middle pickup its easy. its a possibility.
The two are different scale lengths. I abuse pinch harmonics on my strat, even on the neck pickup they are pretty easy, but I cant even try them on a les paul length guitar.
its probably because they are different scales, then you cant hit it in the same exact spot with your other one. Although, ive never had problems with this, i can hit a pinch harmonics on anything in a guitar shop...i guess ive just never had this problem
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer