I've had 2 vox combo amps(valvetronix) and they have satisfied me very much. But now I want to move on to a pro amp. I'm in a band that plays alternative rock, and I like to play some harder stuff on my own. I'm looking for something that has really good cleans and can get a good amount of gain.(metal rythm at most) I currently have a couple choices... A marshall of some sort, maybe an old plexi or the new JVM410; i was also thinking a mesa dual rectifier maybe; and lastly the one that i really want is a Diezel herbert, but that is the most money. Any ideas/tips on what i should go for would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
DUDE, try a mesa road king. those things are bad ass. it's like, the 5 best mesa amps rolled into one.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
as a company? that makes no sense

generally, the recto cleans aren't very great. roadkings, marks, lonestars are just a few that have very nice cleans.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I checked out the Road King... looks just right for what im interested in! any idea how much they run in the U.S.?
You're looking at good stuff, but I encourage everyone looking at $1000-ish 100 watt heads to check out the Carvin V3. carvin.com
Quote by UnsignedRecords
as a company? that makes no sense

generally, the recto cleans aren't very great. roadkings, marks, lonestars are just a few that have very nice cleans.

+1
Most Mesas can do many things very well. I'd definitely try them out. The Diezel will do most things better than most Mesas (but this is subjective-just MHO), but they're an absurd amount of money for an amp. I've played a Herbert & a VH4, & for the money, I'll take a Mesa Mark IV any day. If you can burn money just to keep warm, buy a Diezel.

Try as many amps as you can & be patient!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Yeah, deffinately, the Diezel is insane, that and the SLO are the best amps I've ever gotten the chance to play on. However, they're a lot more money than the other amps you're considering. They are nice amps, but I think you could find something cheaper to suit you well for a good amount of time.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by dondude
I checked out the Road King... looks just right for what im interested in! any idea how much they run in the U.S.?

the Road King has some nice cleans, because you can pick which circuit you want to use for EACH channel. I have a dual rec, and I wish I had the Road King instead. As far as prices go, I think they're about the same as a triple rec, but i'm not 100% sure.

They are, for sure, freaking bad ass. You'll have to get it through an authorized dealer - you can't buy mesa stuff online unless it's used or off e-bay/craigslist/etc. on e-bay, they're going at around $1600-2000 new.

I just noticed there's a Road King II now. the biggest differences are an improved reverb, fx looping, and improved clean sounds from the Lonestar amp. see link:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/roadking/roadking.htm
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Yeah I'm really liking that Road King II, but the Diezel is still on my mind. My guitar teacher got a VH-4 and i thought it sounded insane. He got a deal with the company where he would be getting me one at cost, which was about $3,400 USD... But it looks like the Road King could do a lot of the same stuff