ok imma bassplayer starting to get serious about the Acoustic...but i really dunno much about it..... i got some of questions about Acoustics and acoustic-Electrics

if you get a regular Acoustic how would you play i show with it? an instrument mic?

for a Acoustic-Electric could you use a electric guitar amp?
what strings can you (or should) use? this guy said you can use electric guitar stings!

so uhh....help please

thanks
if you got a regular acoustic, yes you would use a mic. with an acoustic-electric you would most likely use your acoustic amp. and you can use electric guitar strings, but stick with acoustic strings. some popular brands are elixir, dr, etc...
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
With a regular acoustic you can spend anywhere from 30bucks upwards on a soundhole pickup and play through that. Or you can mic it. A condenser mic you be best, but any type of mic will do in the end
Quote by johnos
A condenser mic you be best, but any type of mic will do in the end

Would a pre-amp be nessesary in combination with a condenser mic?
Good question.
I don't know really know that much on mics, just passing on some information that i have found previously.
I would assume that a pre-amp would give you more options on EQing and things like that which might be important. But I think you would be able to do without.

Anyone else with more experience able to chime in?