I have tried both of these guitars (SLSMG and RR24)out pretty extensively, and I had a few questions for anyone who owns either one.

How well do they hold up over time, or do things begin to break on them after a year or so? For example does the floyd on the rr24 begin to come out of tune constantly after a few months use. I have also heard that the slsmg's neck is unstable and needs frequent truss rod adjustments. Is there any truth to this the one i played seemed fine in this respect.

For owners of the rr24. Do you ever miss your neck pickup? I did not miss it in the store but I have only played it a few times for about 1-2 hours each time. Do you ever just think to yourself after a few months "damn I wish i had a neck pickup on this". Also do you ever wish it had a tone pot? I found the emg 81's tone to be great and not really need adjustment, but I can see not having the option for pickup tone control getting rather bland sounding.

Are all slsmg's really made of mahogany or are some different woods? The alder bodied rr24 sounded darker than the slsmg and I had always thought of mahogany as a much darker wood than alder.

Finally for owners of either do you find the guitar uncomfortable to play for extended amounts of time (2 or more hours)? The smslg was really light but so thin i sometimes found myself slouching over it in odd positions. As for the rr24 the v shape put me off a bit at first since i had never played one sitting. After I found a good sitting position it was not bad, but i don't know how long it would remain comfortable.

Anyway feel free to put in any comments about either guitar. I will most likely purchase one of these two soon! I just can't seem to decide.
RR24 facts:

1)Floyd rocks balls and i didnt have to do anything to it when i got it if you exclude minor setup to the floyd rose
2)Keeps in tune when i actively torture the guitar with some Floyd rose stunts
3)The neck is pretty damn fast and comfortable
4)Pickups (to me) sound pretty light and not dark but its pretty much a good mix.Tight tone
5)very light guitar
6)You will easily get used to the V shape.
7)Not so versatile but i have never missed my neck pickup
8)ive had it since april and no problems at all!
9)It can be A BIT noisy on some amps
10)Its a great guitar...buy it if you want it! Great guitar.

Theres 10 facts Feel free to ask me further questions.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
^ +big number
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
^^Thx Well i wouldnt buy the SLSMG myself...id rather have a Soloist with floyd rose but for me its all about RRs just now.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

SLSMGs are all mahogany. I have heard no quality problems with either. I don't know know where you heard the neck story, as all the Pro and MG series use the same necks. They should hold up amazing over time if you take care of it, like an high quality guitar. I find the quality of both Jacksons higher then anything else in that price range to be exact.
Thanks for the replys. I decided to get the rr24, but I'm afraid I will have to order it as I can't find it in the color I want.
ive never tried the RR24 but i cant wait till i do. They look awesome, and from what ive heard sound and feel great. But if i get one.it wont be a guitar i play sitting down.
^^RR24 is very comfortable to sit down with...every RR is...you just need to get used to it.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Quote by DieKrupps
ive never tried the RR24 but i cant wait till i do. They look awesome, and from what ive heard sound and feel great. But if i get one.it wont be a guitar i play sitting down.

BAMF!

They're probably the most comfortable guitars to sit with.
Quote by Vittu0666
BAMF!

I wouldn't go that far, but it is very possible to sit down with them.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
it really is a very commonly made mistake that the RR's are hard to play sitting, I've found some other v's can be a bit uncomfortable like the razorback's which the point tended to dig into my calf, there probably is a way of sitting that avoids this but I didn't have time to find it, anyway you don't get that problem with the RR's as one point is shorter then the other.

to TS, which colour are you going for? and congrats I love mine, Its pure sex the looks, feel sound, plays like a dream, I'm sure you wont be disapointed.

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by Vittu0666
BAMF!

I agree. The RR shaped guitars fell soooo comfortable to sit with, also I always play with the guitar between my legs, so the RR shape its the ideal
i can play Very comfortably with RR and Strat/superstrat shapes...everything almost but not les paul
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

The whole purpose of the "off-set V" was so that Randy would have a guitar that he could sit with "classical style."
In response to sepultura alma's question, I want the snow white one w/ black bevels. All I can find in my local music shops is the black and yellow ones. Since I don't care for the bumble bee look I ended up ordering from musicians friend. Hopefully I will have my new RR soon!
^its not a bee, its a pissed off wasp lol
yeah the white one looks awesome nice choice dude thats the one I would have gone for but I liked the idea of my limited one and having the reverse inlays and neckbinding kinda sealed the deal

p.s. post pics when you get it

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A