Wiki:

* Intonation (linguistics), the variation of tone used when speaking
* Intonation (music), a player's realization of pitch accuracy
* Intonation Music Festival, held in Chicago
n·to·na·tion /ˌɪntoʊˈneɪʃən, -tə-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-toh-ney-shuhn, -tuh-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the pattern or melody of pitch changes in connected speech, esp. the pitch pattern of a sentence, which distinguishes kinds of sentences or speakers of different language cultures.
2. the act or manner of intonating.
3. the manner of producing musical tones, specifically the relation in pitch of tones to their key or harmony.
4. something that is intoned or chanted.
5. the opening phrase in a Gregorian chant, usually sung by one or two voices.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

how accurate the fretted note is to the actual note is. example, although the 12th fret of the high e string should be an e, if your guitar isnt set up correctly then it'll be slightly flat or sharp of the actual e note. shouldnt be something to worry about if you cant hear it. it does become more dramatic as you get higher up the neck
Quote by sobeisbull
how accurate the fretted note is to the actual note is. example, although the 12th fret of the high e string should be an e, if your guitar isnt set up correctly then it'll be slightly flat or sharp of the actual e note. shouldnt be something to worry about if you cant hear it. it does become more dramatic as you get higher up the neck

The first three replies were complete failures in properly explaining this. But you did a great job.
Spiral Out
^ Exactly. With guitar specifically, it's adjusting the string to the proper length so that the notes all sound correctly up the length of the neck.
Hi, I'm Peter
i think it's:

"the second step to play a guitar right. first is tuning at the peg, second is tuning at the bridge."

Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard