I personally love explorers, and I just stumbled upon this guitar...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hamer-Standard-Flametop-Electric-Guitar?sku=516261
It looks good, and the reviews on harmony central and Mucisians friend say wonderful things about it.
Would it be a quality guitar for metallica, alter bridge, pantera, guns n' roses, ac/dc, and all that other good stuff?
Hamers sound good. But, I found their necks like holding a 2x4. Definately play before you buy.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
i haven't tried the explorer, but the one i did try (the one that looks a bit like a prs, forget the name) was very nice. Definitely try it first though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Yeah, I didn't play the explorer either, I played the double cut too.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Dave, just curious, but how many of your post consist of just that icon?

Anyway,

yes, trying is always the best thing you can do when getting new guitar. In the end you decide whether you like it or not.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
about 37%, I'd wager.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Im GASing for a Hamer Newport, off topic. Ah well. Probably damned expensive, I can't even find a price atm.

EDIT : Shizzle, $3760..
Last edited by Don_Humpador at Oct 18, 2007,