I am looking for a way to amplify my PODxt for use at home. I want something that is still going to sound impressive but obviously don't need it to be able to reach gig level volumes. I've been looking at studio monitors, PA systems and keyboard amps. I only have about $400 MAX to spend.

Any suggestions?
i've heard them played through tube amps and pa's and they both sound nice but for your situation it's probably better to get a small wattage tube amp that is mainly clean sounding (emphasis on it being a clean amp like a fender). That way you get to play around with just the amp as well and they shouldnt be any more expensive than a medium quality pa. cheaper even
Ibanez RG 170 > Crybaby 535QC > Boss Blues Driver > Marshall Supervibe > Boss Giga Delay > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Upgrade: THD hotplate, Fender American Deluxe Tele, Maton EM100C, Seymour Duncan SFX-01
I run my pod thru my computer speakers, subwoofer and all and it sounds great.
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
If you had good monitors/speakers with your PC, it'd be pretty straightforward just to run it through that, if it's just for home use. It'd make it easy to record with too, if you were inclined to do that.