So i was going around trying to figure out some music theory, and i came accross this, "Matrix Generator" @ http://www.musictheory.net/utilities/html/id98_en.html ... what is this thing all about?
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
hmm, so lets say I put E and F as the 2 notes, when i put that through the generator it spits out an D#---does that mean if i wish to play a song thats in no key, i would play the notes D# E and F in an equal amount?

and its kinda cool---i've heard of that artist and listened to him before. Pretty bizarre stuff.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Is he right? ^

This could be very interesting....
However I think I'll find it hard to compose when I'm thinking "I have to use a D# now, I've already got two Gb's!"

Ah well.

Cheers -
Daisy
Gore AND Core; unite!
Last edited by Daisy_Ramirez_ at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by HellBent1337
hmm, so lets say I put E and F as the 2 notes, when i put that through the generator it spits out an D#---does that mean if i wish to play a song thats in no key, i would play the notes D# E and F in an equal amount?

Well, 12 tone uses all 12 tones so none of them are more important (well, theoretically, at least). By using only three notes, you would be emphasizing those three, and it wouldn't be twelve tone music.

That being said... perhaps you could get some interesting (non-12 tone) compositional ideas using incomplete matrices. I've never tried it.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out