i have been intensly playing guitar for about 7 months now.

my church has asked me to play for them after hearing me. play my buddies guitar there. I am a classic heavy metal fan. I am in love with the dean label. i love the sound i get from my Roland mini cube. i know that they make bigger amps. but none big enough in the cube series. I would like to now some personal preferences of some guitarists and recommendations for a metal guitarist like my self.

i am completely new to amps i understand guitars as i have played many. What do i look for when shopping for a larger amp. the thing is that i do not know what i want when it comes to amps. i know that some of my favorite guitarists use marshalls and kranks. I need a heavy sounding amp. And i need to know what i am looking for?

any help would be appreciated
Well what's your budget, we can reccomend you some great amps but you gotta let us know what you're aiming for.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
USED 5150 COMBO.

That's usually the answer.

Unless you think it's too "dry" a tone for you. Then check out a Peavey Windsor, mabye.

How big a place are you playing for?
you'll need alot of money to get a good amp..

doesnt matter if you're playing in a church, don't aim for 100W just becuase u htink that means loud..

MY only tip
Quote by henza_x
you'll need alot of money to get a good amp..

doesnt matter if you're playing in a church, don't aim for 100W just becuase u htink that means loud..

MY only tip

Yeah I have to agree with that.

No one needs a 100 watts.

30-50 watts is about all you'll ever need.

I unfortunately bought a Peavey 100 watt Valve king combo.

It's a great amp and all I just hate how it weighs 65 pounds and is as bulky as a television.

I would've been a lot happier with the half sized 50 watt version
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
if you like metal go for an Engl (screamer, blackmore or fireball)
they are awsome for that kind of stuff and you wont get any better cleans (except from fender-amps)
the cost around $1000
ah yea forget the peavey 5150 unless you dont want to invest in a g-major!