Hi Guys and Girls

I have an Ibanez GAX30 which I play through a Line 6 Spider III.

I was thinking about replacing the pickups, as they're somewhat a weak spot on the guitar, and don't know what to replace them with.

All suggestions gratefully received!

heard of a pickup brand called "new amp"? get those.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
heard of a pickup brand called "new amp"? get those.


A new amp will improve your tone a lot. If you changed the pickups on your guitar and continued to play through that amp, chances you wouldn't notice the difference whatsoever. And if you did, it'd be tiny...
There's no point changing pickups, the amp isn't designed to respond to them, the amount of processing that's going on kills most of the original tone. If you have tone issues then it's the amp's fault.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

Quote by ECistheBest
heard of a pickup brand called "new amp"? get those.

haha +1

EDIT: though admittedly, cheap ibanez pickups are pretty duff.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?