Hey there fellow UGer's,
Right now i am extremely annoyed with my Marshall DSL50. I bought it Used 6 months ago off ebay and fully retubed it with JJ's and everything was working fine until i turned it on from standby and NO freaking Channel Switching and NO Reverb.

Only the Ultra gain channel was working.
I took it to a music shop in the next town over which is about 100kmh away and they sent it away to get fixed which took about 3 and a half weeks and cost $200 Aus.
Turns out it was these 2 little pissy fuses that were mounted to one of the PCB boards inside the amp that blew or something.

So i got it back and it has been working fine for a bit over a month.
Now my brother goes to warm it up to play AND THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN!
So, Please anyone with some electrical or amp knowledge, could you tell me what could be doing this? i just dont want to fork out another 200 bucks to get it fixed again.
Cheers.
Get in touch with the people that fixed it and complain. Tell them they put in defective fuses or somethimg.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
It couldn't have been bad fuses. They would of blown right away. I would also be inclined to say that for any other electric problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case. And you're getting over charged for 2 fuses, unless they are mounted on the PCB (which is unlikely). Sounds like you've got something going on that a symptom of are these blown fuses. I would contact Marshall.
I'd recommend contacting a registered marshall fixer-guy.

Other than that, this is why I never buy used.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
It could basically be anything. Try new fuses one more time, and if they blow; there is most likely another, more serious problem which is causing that.
Depends what kind of fuses they are.

Open it up and take pics of the fuses. Just remember to be careful and avoid touching anything that you think could be dangerous.
Theyre not the type of fuses that have the glass and the filament inside, theyre these kinda plastic ones so yeah, ill take some pics. and yes i know its expensive, its because of the freight of having to send it to the repairman from the music shop. thanks guys ill get in contact with the music shop and see what they can do.
Quote by guitarist_with_
I'd recommend contacting a registered marshall fixer-guy.

Other than that, this is why I never buy used.

This is an pretty rare example - more fool you for not going used more often. I've no doubt that if you've shelled out for new stuff, you've probably paid way more than you should've. Ah well, the rest of us will get bargains. But not you
Quote by Don_Humpador
This is an pretty rare example - more fool you for not going used more often. I've no doubt that if you've shelled out for new stuff, you've probably paid way more than you should've. Ah well, the rest of us will get bargains. But not you

Until you've experienced dodgey used, you can't really say.

I bought a DSL401 from Ebay and at first I thought it was just a bad amp, but really the tubes had gone. I've had hassle ever since.

From now on I will buy new, with the knowledge it's never been used and I can take it back if there's any faults (warranty).

Even if it is paying more, it's worth it.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by Chex
Until you've experienced dodgey used, you can't really say.

I bought a DSL401 from Ebay and at first I thought it was just a bad amp, but really the tubes had gone. I've had hassle ever since.

From now on I will buy new, with the knowledge it's never been used and I can take it back if there's any faults (warranty).

Even if it is paying more, it's worth it.

Did you pick it up or was it sent by courier (or some other form)?

It's always best to try used amps before you exchange cash, as I'm sure you're now well aware

But I stand by my first opinion, that you can count yourself pretty unlucky if you get a bad amp. By and large, it's a great way to get a significant amount of money off.
Quote by \m/ \m/

Only the Ultra gain channel was working.

I could live with that.
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Quote by Don_Humpador
Did you pick it up or was it sent by courier (or some other form)?

It's always best to try used amps before you exchange cash, as I'm sure you're now well aware

But I stand by my first opinion, that you can count yourself pretty unlucky if you get a bad amp. By and large, it's a great way to get a significant amount of money off.

I see your point. I did only pay £270 for it, whereas new is somewhere in the region of £450.

I've seen them go on Ebay for £330, so I might even make a profit on it! Although I've spent about £80 on tubes and check-ups so probably not. But I'd rather sell it on knowing it works, unlike the seller before me.

It was sent by courier.

To the poster above, I thought exactly the same thing!
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid