I'm looking to sell my all-solid guitar; I need the money badly, and I'm sure there's someone who can make it sound way better than I can. How the hell am I suppose to ship this thing? I mean, I've never shipped anything this large. (With hardshell case)...So can anyone tell me about a smooth guitar transaction??? I could only take check...
craigslist.org

just post her there, and within minutes, you will have someone wanting your geetar
^ Lol i tried that with my Tanglewood 12 string, people deffinatly responded but no-one actually put forward an offer.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by lawinnn
ohh yes! my father said I can get a job instead...nevermind.

a better option!
Yeah, you could also try the classified forum on UG. Lots of stickies and infos in there. I think it's trade only, but! you can get the picture on how these things work from it. I'll link you in just a second.
So how would you ship it through mail??? How much does it usually cost?
you pack it very carefully, normally a box with packing peanuts over your hard acoustic case, with the the strings loosened and the neck and headstock (especially the headstock) wrapped with bubble wrap so it is unable to move inside the case. You are probably looking at between $35-50 to ship it USPS in the lower 48.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by lawinnn
So how would you ship it through mail??? How much does it usually cost?

Whenever I order from Ebay, they pack the guitar in a box PACKED with foam or bags full of air. Then they pack that box in a larger box which is packed with foam. Finally use LOTS of tape all over the thing.
The last few guitars that were shipped to me...

$40 Rogue for son, it came packed a box, but no peanuts or stuffing, just the guitar in a box, and that was inside a larger box. I was surprised it wasn't destroyed, but it made it.

A Martin that was sent just inside it's hard case via USPS, and shipped as is (zip ties around one of the latches. Again, I was rather surprised this one made it without being broken heh. But so far, no guitar damaged in shipping.
you pack it very carefully, normally a box with packing peanuts over your hard acoustic case, with the the strings loosened and the neck and headstock (especially the headstock) wrapped with bubble wrap so it is unable to move inside the case. You are probably looking at between $35-50 to ship it USPS in the lower 48.

Why should I loosen the strings? Isn't that bad for the neck? Ohh, I can't wrap the headstock, because I would be shipping it with the hardshell case; unless I wrap the extra space inside the case, I guess.. Peanuts and Air Bubbles sound safe.
It all depends on the weight on the guitar + case or whatever you put inside the box. It usually costs me around $20 to ship a guitar via USPS.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
Quote by lawinnn
Why should I loosen the strings? Isn't that bad for the neck? Ohh, I can't wrap the headstock, because I would be shipping it with the hardshell case; unless I wrap the extra space inside the case, I guess.. Peanuts and Air Bubbles sound safe.

Loosen the strings because if you increase in elevation, the neck could possibly snap. You do this if you take it on a plane or something as well.
Trust me...wrap the headstock in bubble wrap inside the case. It will fit, that is the most fragile part of the guitar. You are playing with fire if you don't.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.