I'm gonna buy the Peavey Windsor studio once it comes out but i'll be buying a pedal with it as well. I'm into death metal (children of bodom, opeth, arch enemy) and i wanted to know if the

-Ibanez TS9

or

EHX Big Muff

would be better to get that extra boost for metal? I know the Ibanez will boost less but i have a feeling that the big muff will add a lot of fuzz and take away from the amp's sound. Is this true? is the Metal Muff even worth getting as well?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Spend a little more and get an OCD. The Big Muff or Metal Muff will just ruin your tone if you're already using the amp's distortion, which is pretty good. With an OCD you can push it a bit further, get more distortion, without seriously coloring your dynamics and tone.

Edit : Also, the TS9 would be decent, but the OCD is better gain-wise.
does the OCD have less gain than the big muff?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I played the TS9 through the original Windsor. The Windsor had all the distortion I needed, but it was very Saggy and loose sounding. The TS9 just made it tight and a little more modern sounding.

Point is, if the Windsor studio is anything like the Head version, it has plenty of gain, you just need something for more modern sounds. TS9 would work fine, but I'd check out the OCD like suggested. The metal muff probably would sound way too fizzy.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by brandooon
does the OCD have less gain than the big muff?

They're completely different pedals! The big muff is a fuzz/distortion and the OCD is a boutique overdrive. I have both of them in my pedal chain, and if you want to boost your amp's OD, get the OCD, and if you want fuzzy indie/rock distortion, use a big muff on the clean channel.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
They're completely different pedals! The big muff is a fuzz/distortion and the OCD is a boutique overdrive. I have both of them in my pedal chain, and if you want to boost your amp's OD, get the OCD, and if you want fuzzy indie/rock distortion, use a big muff on the clean channel.

Or even the Muff on the slightly dirty channel for some really loathsome muted fuzz assualts.
Big Muff isn't a good choice for metal. It has a very vintage voiced fuzz tone, not something for death metal.

As Cort Noob pointed out, the head has quite a lot of gain (can easily do thrash without any problems on it's own) so all you need is something that will boost the gain, not provide all of it.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Tubescreamer or OCD, to tighten tone and boost gain a tad. The head has lots of gain, it's just vintagey voiced, as said before.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Just a nice clean booster and an EQ will do everything you want to achieve with that amp.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."