would they blow up?
i think im gonna try it just to see what happens
except all i have is two 15w SS practice amps
founder/leader of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club
pm me if you would like to join

--my gear--
squier '51 (flipped for left handed)
cheap no name 15w amp
massive nuclear explosion!!! BLAHHHHHH!!!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
you mean guitar --> amp --> amp output --> next amp input
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
you'll blow the bugger out!!!! theres a reason no ones ever bothered with it ,,, or at least nothing will happen or you may receive a nasty shock ,,, and I aint using metaphors here :p lol
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
Why do you want to send the signal through two solid state amps in succession? That would be bad tone squared.
Why? You want more gain or something? I think that might actually work. Wouldn't that work kinda like a really expensive tubescreamer? Don't do that with solid state amps though. Will sound crappy and might actually damage the amp.
It all depends on the output level of amp1 as to if it will blow up amp2. If amp1's output is guitar level then yes it will be safe, anything higher and you will kill amp2. If it does work, it will, as the other guys said sound terrible. If you are after more gain then a preamp or dist/od pedal is the way forward.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
if you need more volume, you can buy a y-splitter and line out to both amps at the same time. amp-----guitar------amp

a splitter can usually be found at radio shack and is cheaper than an ABy box.
(im guessing money is problem)

also, when CHAINING SS amps, like said, you need to feed the smaller amp into the bigger.

you would do this if u can a smaller watt amp and you wanted to use its effects like a preamp into the next louder amp.
this doesnt increase ur volume. it usually just makes a muddy mess.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Many small practice amps have a Line Out jack somewhere, often in back, look for it. it should be labeled Line Out or Preamp Out. If your amp has one, run it to the guitar input of the other amp and it will work fine. That's how they are used as preamps, I ran one that way for a while when I was too broke to afford anything but a pawn shop practice amp. Preamped it into a borrowed 4 channel PA amp via Line Out and it worked like a charm. I've tried the same with my Peavey MX and a couple of different practice amps, no problem there either but it just didn't get the sound I wanted.

Older straight tube amps with two guitar inputs, like my Fender Super Reverb or Champ, can be wired together by plugging the guitar into input 1, then a cable from input 2 to the input 1 on the other amp. That's how Hendrix ran 3 Marshall stacks at Isle of Wight and probably most of his shows at that time period. (I've only seen the Isle of Wight video, so that's a guess, but probably the way he set up every time.) I saw several bands only a few years later who ran multiple amps the same way - Ted Nugent, Johnny Winter and so on. Johnny was running 3 super reverbs, I couldn't make out the name tags, but Nugent had what looked like Super reverbs too 4 of them I think, stacked on top of 4x12 cabinets.

If you're just trying to connect two low wattage solid state practice amps, I wouldn't bother, it won't sound any better, but it would let you try it and see how it works. Usually if amps are rigged that way it's to get enough volume out of a practice amp to use it onstage by preamping it into a higher wattage power amp, or to get the distortion sound if you have a practice amp with a really good distortion channel. I rigged a footswitch to mine so I could use both channels onstage, and an extension speaker jack that also shut off the internal speaker so I could run a 12" speaker through it and get better sound and still not blow the amp by changing the impedance. It worked well, but still didn't sound as god as a full size 50 or 100 watt amp. And not even in the same ballpark with my present all tube rig...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...