Page 1 of 3
What is the best way to approach a group of girls you've never met, but want to get with, and not look like a sleaze?
Last edited by Scott. at Oct 18, 2007,
Go with a mate (if nessesary make sure hes uglier than you), introduce yourselves, talk to them like human beings and dont stare at their breasts.
Quote by LinkManDX
That's it, everybody go home, thread won by [sam].
Quote by Scott.
What is the best way to approach a group of girls and not look like a fag.

Well, I'd say if you're approaching a bunch of girls and not a group of guys, then you probably won't look like a fag...unless you say, "Omigod! Where did you get your shoes?!"

On second thought, that might be a really funny way to break the ice...yeah, say that in a gay voice and then say, "No, I'm kidding, but really...how are you ladies doing tonight?" start a conversation and then ask, "Hey, do you mind if I tag along with you all for a while? I think this would be more fun if I had some people to hang out with?"

I'm a chick...I think the above would work with me. If you hit on just one girl right off the bat, you run the risk of alienating the whole group. (aka. making the other girls insecure because you picked their friend over them). Hang out with them for a while. You might find one of the friends ends up being cooler than the one you originally went for.
[quote="'[sam"]']Go with a mate (if nessesary make sure hes uglier than you)
i hope that doesn't apply to me...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Just walk up to the group and sing the Spongebob theme...

That will get you instant respect...
Quote by FenderChick77
Well, I'd say if you're approaching a bunch of girls and not a group of guys, then you probably won't look like a fag...unless you say, "Omigod! Where did you get your shoes?!"

On second thought, that might be a really funny way to break the ice...yeah, say that in a gay voice and then say, "No, I'm kidding, but really...how are you ladies doing tonight?" start a conversation and then ask, "Hey, do you mind if I tag along with you all for a while? I think this would be more fun if I had some people to hang out with?"

I'm a chick...I think the above would work with me. If you hit on just one girl right off the bat, you run the risk of alienating the whole group. (aka. making the other girls insecure because you picked their friend over them). Hang out with them for a while. You might find one of the friends ends up being cooler than the one you originally went for.

you realise im gonna try that now...and if it doesnt work...im gonna be angry
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Asking for advice to how to talk to girls on UG....I can only think of two things more likely to get you flamed.

1. Walking into a fireworks factory covered from head to toe in oil and then asking "Anyone got any smokes?"
2. Setting yourself on fire.

Seriously....prepare for an onslaught of "Knock her out and steal her" and "Kill, rape and dismember her friends, then proceed to her".

You have been warned......enjoy
shoot them, shoot them all... I mean, come on, Did anyone ever call Rambo gay?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by FenderChick77

First part is ridiculously untrue, and if you do that, they will write you off as definitely not dating material - you'll be in the mystical 'Friend' group immediately. Women, god damn it, do not WANT a 'nice, bubbly' guy. They want a man to be a man - I don't mean bleeding testosterone, I mean being an actual man rather than a faux-gay.. boy.

Second part is very true though - hang out with the lot of them. Absolutely. You do risk seriously offending all her friends, who will then be immediately against you.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by Taylz24
you realise im gonna try that now...and if it doesnt work...im gonna be angry

Oh ****.
Quote by druz15_UG

You know, you've got a really good point there....
Down 5 cans of stella or a bottle of vodka, maybe both depending on your mood.

Stumble over, proceed to go through the group listing them in order of bang-ability, from first to last, then ask the one who was last if she wants to go around the corner for a fumble in the dark. Get rejected, get slapped, repeat process with another group of girls.

Works like a charm.
Quote by FenderChick77
Oh ****.

but in all seriousness, do you think it would work or would it put you in that "friend" group like the other guy pointed out?
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Friend group. Don't be ridiculous - girls are not the people to ask here because they don't know.
What if your ugly, you don't really have a shot at approaching a group of girls do you?

And i'm speaking on behalf of my.. um..."friend"
"Hey, do you mind if I tag along with you all for a while? I think this would be more fun if I had some people to hang out with?"

You lose social value by saying something like that too.
Makes you look like a loner.
And ugliness isn't as important as people make out. If you remove everything which could get in the way of you being good looking - spots, ****ty hair, awful clothes - then you'll at least be able to approach someone.
Quote by NemesisX
First part is ridiculously untrue, and if you do that, they will write you off as definitely not dating material - you'll be in the mystical 'Friend' group immediately. Women, god damn it, do not WANT a 'nice, bubbly' guy. They want a man to be a man - I don't mean bleeding testosterone, I mean being an actual man rather than a faux-gay.. boy.

Second part is very true though - hang out with the lot of them. Absolutely. You do risk seriously offending all her friends, who will then be immediately against you.

The hard truth is that the mystical 'Friend' group is all depending upon a guy's attractiveness and the bad habits he has that a girl friend becomes privvy to. It's actually a good thing to get into the "friend" group right away...but you can't hang around in that group forever or you are doomed. Let the one you want know immediately that you're not about just being friends, but that you are attracted to her as well. Stay in the 'friend group' just long enough to find out if she's someone you want to waste your time going after or not.

If you are in a girl's 'friend group' for a long time and she is single and perfectly available, then well "She's just not into you"...The friend group is not a death sentence unless she's unattached, you're unattached and there's no reason you can't be together.

Women also like men with a good sense of humor. If they can genuinely make me laugh, they're in. I think the shoes comment would be kind of funny...I'm not saying act gay for five minutes - I mean just catch someone off guard with something crazy that shows you're fun...then be 150% masculine. Some chicks ultimately put up a "Get the fck away from me" shield whenever a guy approaches in a way that's clearly saying, "Hi - I'm trying to hit on you!" - If they just want to be friends, hey - that's usually cool. Maybe throughout the night you'll find out you have **** in common with someone in the group and something will happen....maybe not, but that's the risk.
Quote by NemesisX
And ugliness isn't as important as people make out. If you remove everything which could get in the way of you being good looking - spots, ****ty hair, awful clothes - then you'll at least be able to approach someone.

I.e. if you werent ugly?
Looks aren't everything. Something really important that a guy needs to be found as attractive is confidence. Don't worry about "looking gay." You are who you are, you know what I mean? You aren't going to get any girls by wondering whether or not you look gay. Just talk to them. Chances are, it won't hurt you.
The best way is to not be the kind of person who is worried about "looking like a fag"

The reason is because you're probably a closet homosexual, and aren't interested in women anyway.

Give me a ring when you come out darling
Ahh, now you're starting to make sense

I think you misunderstood what I meant though, erm.. You want the mystical space between 'Friend' and 'Passionate lover', which is what you speak of. And yeah, you'll be demoted really quickly into 'Friend', and then you're ****ed cos going back up is pretty hard, and usually happens in 'bad' times for the girl.
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
"Hey, do you mind if I tag along with you all for a while? I think this would be more fun if I had some people to hang out with?"

You lose social value by saying something like that too.
Makes you look like a loner.

You've got a point - with some groups of girls, they will think that. I've always been one of the "nice" girls...and nice girls understand lines like that for what they really are - he's interested but doesn't want to get laughed off. The best thing to do would be to bring one other guy friend along. A group of guys is intimidating to a woman, too, but a friend or two isn't so bad and won't make you seem like some scary loner.

I sympathize with either sex having to approach a group of the other. I once had a poor guy come onto me with this: "Your eyes are as blue as the water in my toilet". It was so bad and so funny that I had to go on a date with him. Like I said, he made me laugh...and his looks didn't hurt to be honest. People say physical attraction doesn't matter and they're lying. The only way it doesn't matter is when you meet someone through the internet and fall for their personality first. I dated a butt-ugly guy I met online once because I really loved who he was. Taught me a lesson.
^^ he says "looking like a fag" but i think he means looking like a tryhard whos trying to pick up, like a guido..

so EASE off his fag comment
Quote by sargasm
The best way is to not be the kind of person who is worried about "looking like a fag"

+1.

To TS: What do you mean by "pickup a few girls?" I doubt you can convince a girl and her friends to come and have an orgy with you.

Anyways here are some pointers

- Girls don't like immature guys... at least they don't want an immature bf , so don't be immature for starters. Think about it - girls go for older guys for a reason
- Don't call people "fags" or "gay" as an insult - it's not only offensive, but again it shows you're immature and fairly conservative, possibly insecure about your sexuality. Not good. Girls are usually pretty open-minded, and they don't like guys who are wishy-washy.
- Learn to spell words... like "awkward". I know you're probably thinking "OMG ONLY NERDS DO THAT AND THEY ARE FAGS" well some girls think "nerdy" guys are cute so that's a bonus. Plus the practical side is that you won't be a complete ****ing idiot.

Quote by henza_x
^^ he says "looking like a fag" but i think he means looking like a tryhard whos trying to pick up, like a guido..

so EASE off his fag comment

Yeah, well he could have said that instead of calling people fags.
I dont mean looking like a fag as in actually homosexual. It is just like when someone says "thats gay" it doesnt normally like men its just not cool. I mean like not look like a sleaze I guess. Haha.

Anyway, I know a guy who is moderately fat and no that attractive (well from a mans guess) and he has the hottest girl I have ever seen just by being funny as and having a good personality.

I wouldnt say im really attractive but not that bad either so looks is only a slight problem I guess but it will be sort of dark and I'll look moderate.
Quote by Scott.
I dont mean looking like a fag as in actually homosexual. It is just like when someone says "thats gay" it doesnt normally like men its just not cool. I mean like not look like a sleaze I guess. Haha.

Yeah, well you're using the term "gay" and "fag" as a negative thing, suggesting that you think that homosexuality is nothing but a way to insult people.

It's a way of life for some people, and using it as an insult is just as bad as being racist.
Quote by druz15_UG

seconded.
Here, have a beer
Quote by Charlatan_001

I just mean get with a few chicks(not at that same time(that would be good though)), have a bit of fun and never see them again. Or maybe but dont really care.

I dont normally call people gay or anything but I couldnt think of a good what to use. Gay is used so much to describe stuff it doesnt mean it HAS to be referring to homosexuals whatsoever. Just as an exaple, Zakk Wylde does it all the time. Ive done it once. I am not insecure about my sexuality either.

I couldnt remember how to spell one word. I am 100% sure that it will have NO effect on my going out at night and getting chicks.

Keep the replies coming too. If your not helping, dont post.
Quote by Scott.
I just mean get with a few chicks(not at that same time(that would be good though)), have a bit of fun and never see them again. Or maybe but dont really care.

That's what parties and bars are for.

Quote by Scott.
I dont normally call people gay or anything but I couldnt think of a good what to use. Gay is used so much to describe stuff it doesnt mean it HAS to be referring to homosexuals whatsoever. Just as an exaple, Zakk Wylde does it all the time. Ive done it once. I am not insecure about my sexuality either.

Don't use Zakk Wylde as a role model. It sounds stupid when he says it. It sounds stupid when you say it. It sounds stupid when anyone says it.

I don't get offended when people say it, but you should be aware that it makes you sound ignorant and unintelligent.
Quote by Scott.

Just because it's used a lot, and Zakk Wylde does it, doesn't mean it's all good and fine.

Anyways, you'll learn... eventually... I hope.

If you're just looking for a good time then a fast, legal way without roofies would be:

- chatting the girls up on a regular basis so you're more like "friends"
- getting the "friends" to start drinking so they're not totally inebriated, but quite uninhibited
- lay the moves
This is ridiculous. As a girl that never gets hit on (my friends are always the ones the guys go for...) Just go up, do the gay thing, everyone will have a good ol' lol. Everyone likes a funny guy. Just dont be a ****ing asshole, but also don't be the super-nice guy.
Be cocky, but not too cocky.
My ex boyfriend was the super-nice guy... I didn't like it.
As for the friends guy group thing, I would personally prefer to be friends with the guy I wanna "hook up with" first. But then again, there is always the "I dont wanna ruin our friendship" factor.
Look, it all contradicts. Plus it depends on the type of girls you go for. Just go for it, whatever happens, happens.
You might find yourself with some awesome new friends that happen to be girls or a nice hook up. (Y)
:]

Edit: The Spongebob thing would work too.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
neh dude, you have to be friends with one of them first.

then you just spend time with that girl and she'll introduce you to the gang.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Just because it's used a lot, and Zakk Wylde does it, doesn't mean it's all good and fine.

Yeah I know but I was saying how everyone still loves him and doesn't get offended because he doesnt mean it as a payout to homosexuality, its like the word F*CK it means sex but who the hell uses it for THAT meaning. It can be other things too.

Anyway, lets drop that as I dont want this thread to turn into a debate over nothing. I changed the original post before anyway. Let it be a thread to go for for good advice.

Anyway. I pretty much have to make a good impression. Its a royal show, Ill be there for like 2 hours at night. No alcohol and not much time to make 'friends'. Anyway, the 'fake gay for 10 seconds' will make you look like an idiot if guys are there. Same with the spongebob thing. If a guy came up to me doing that Id think he was an idiot. And the guys will kinda be conservative of the girls so I have to look cool. Anyway keep the advice coming. Some is okay. If you have nothing for going up with girls and guys, post about just approaching girl groups as im sure there will be plenty of them too.
the "friend" group is a mythical group which only naive people believe in because they're too blind to see that 90% of their friends of the opposite sex would like to pursue a romantic relationship with them.

don't even try to deny this guys.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by sargasm
That's what parties and bars are for.

Im not 18 yet and can hardly get in. Have a few times but too much effort.
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero
Just walk up to the group and sing the Spongebob theme...

That will get you instant respect...

+1
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Page 1 of 3