hey guys! need some help deciding on a distortion pedal that gives a a7x sound. Thanks
lols well i have a gibson lp standard and a marshall mg which i shoud be replacing soon lol
I believe A7X uses Bogner Uberschall amps for the heavier sounds. That's a tough tone to re-create w/o spending a lot, but if you state your location & budget, there's a lot of folks here who may have suggestions to get you close to that tone.
Unfortunately, the MG won't.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I wouldn't waste my money on a pedal for the MG if you're going to replace it soon. Get a decent amount saved up and buy yourself a good tube amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Go and buy a tube amp right away.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by MatrixClaw
I wouldn't waste my money on a pedal for the MG if you're going to replace it soon. Get a decent amount saved up and buy yourself a good tube amp.

+1
Don't waste your savings on an MG- save for a better amp
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
lmao
gibson les paul standard through an MG

a seymour duncan invader would be a good start

how bigs your budget?

i'm presuming quite large considering you have a lp standard?

i heard the use krank amps...
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Quote by samtewari
lmao
gibson les paul standard through an MG

a seymour duncan invader would be a good start

how bigs your budget?

i'm presuming quite large considering you have a lp standard?

i heard the use krank amps...

Yeah, LP Standard though an MG roffles my copter. *ahem** New amp. Don't start stacking OD pedals in front of an MG, not worth your time and money. Really, the guitar you have isn't the bets for A7X, but you can make it work a bit better tone wise by putting in a high output Duncan pickup like the Distortion or JB. IMO, the Invader is far too muddy unless you're an extremely clean player. Also look into a high gain amp, like a Peavey 6505+ or Mesa/Boogie of some kind.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I don't think they use Bogner anymore. They are using Mesa Boogie Triple Recs now.

Nah, I read an artical in Guitar World mag with the dude who helped them produce their latest album, and he said they used Bognor for recording.
Quote by foob85
Nah, I read an artical in Guitar World mag with the dude who helped them produce their latest album, and he said they used Bogner for recording.

Fixed
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by stroodles
i have a gibson lp standard and a marshall mg

don't you mean epiphone lp? nobody who owns a gibson would disgrace it with an mg. NOBODY!
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by 2_Fast_2_Vader
don't you mean epiphone lp? nobody who owns a gibson would disgrace it with an mg. NOBODY!

you'd like to think that but you underestimate the noobness
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join