Poll: Which is the better amp?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is the better amp?
Vox AC 30
66 84%
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
13 16%
Voters: 79.
Page 1 of 2
Hey ya'll. I need to settle a dispute. Which is the better amp?

Vox AC 30

or

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

???
Depends entirely on what you want from the amp. They're both good. However, they both produce different tones, so it's down to personal preference.
i liek the fender, the cleans are great, the distortion is also great, but i havent played through an ac 30, but ive heard good things, but fender HRD cleans > all.
AC30 devours the HRD.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by Don_Humpador
There is no 'better'.

+1

that being said, the vox is better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

vox.

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr

(well, i mean if you want a fendery clean, i guess the hrd is "better". but for everything else, the vox is better if you ask me)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by fretsonfire74
i liek the fender, the cleans are great, the distortion is also great, but i havent played through an ac 30, but ive heard good things, but fender HRD cleans > all.

The HRD is horrible. The cleans are alright, but the amp distortion is awful.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently

+564
yeah, gotta say in this case, AC30 all the way. There are many Fenders I would rather have over the HRD though.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

Dave, you're being a bitch today.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Erock503
yeah, gotta say in this case, AC30 all the way. There are many Fenders I would rather have over the HRD though.

you mean like pretty much any other all-tube fender?

Quote by Green_Jelly
Dave, you're being a bitch today.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you mean like pretty much any other all-tube fender?

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There is no better etc. Of the two, I would get the Vox, but I prefer the tone of a Vox to the tone of the Fender.
Vox without a doubt, the HRD isn't nearly as good.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
It's all opinion when it comes to this level, asides from here when the only answer is the Vox. The AC30 is a godly amp.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Fambi
I need to settle a dispute.

Doesn't look like much of a dispute to me. I'm firmly in the AC30 camp. I even like it better than some amps that aren't entry level.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Both are good amps, but the AC-30 has a sweeter tone and MUCH better overdrive.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
What would truly be the icing on the cake for this thread is if the threadstarter were in the HRD-is-better camp.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
What would truly be the icing on the cake for this thread is if the threadstarter were in the HRD-is-better camp.

We can pretend he is?
works for me.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ TS is a stupid noob, clearly the ac-30 is better, go home
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
^ TS is a stupid noob, clearly the ac-30 is better, go home

Frank, eh?

Somebody might prefer the HRD. I mean, 6 people voted for it...
^ read the 2 posts above mine. sheesh
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
reflecting upon what i said... yeah you're right.. but hush, just let it slide

so i don't look so stupid
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
AC 30. It's legendary. And damn fine looking. And endorsed by Slats.

What more could you possibbly want from an amp?
i would normally say the vox, but i've been really digging on the american tone lately.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
From playing both amps with a PRS Custom and a Fender MIM Strat, I can say the VOX AC30 absolutely nails the Fender to the wall!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Dirk Gently

a teacher at my scool has a HRD, and he let me play his '74 strat through it. it was awesome, it made my day.
OK, so here we go. The hot rod ****s on the vox, i swear to God, any fag who disagrees doesn't deserve to play the guitar.
spinelss
Quote by the.spine.surfs
AC 30. It's legendary. And damn fine looking. And endorsed by Slats.

What more could you possibbly want from an amp?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Are u kidding?
Try a system where it doesnt take 20 hours to change from clean to dirty.
That being said, the clean on the Ac 30 sucks.
Also, its an ugly amp.
And, i hate it
try undefined
spinelss
Page 1 of 2