last week, i got a brand new epiphone g-400 limited edition with maestro tremolo. it plays pretty well and doesn't sound too bad, but of course can't match my tele. any way, it has like a floating bridge, and aside from the strings going out of tune, it goes ok. but in the past 2 days, i have lost my high e and b strings. as i performed a 2.5 step bend on the b string (anther brick in the wall lol) it popped right off at the bridge. the little bobbin thing on the end just flew off. the same thing happened today on the e string. i figured that maybe its just because of the s***y epiphone strings. ive replaced them now and i hope it won't keep happening. does anyone know what could be causing the strings to pop off like that though?
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
Are you saying that the ball end (or the little round thing on the end of your string) snapped off?

Because that would indicate bad strings and not so much any trouble with the guitar.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I agree, with a brand new guitar it's probably old strings, which is why if I buy a brand new guitar a set of strings (my choice) is included in the deal or I go somewhere else. The strings that came on it have probably been beat on by every 11 year old within 43 miles for the past 6 months, I wouldn't expect them to last the day with me playing it. I've popped quite a few right there in the store trying guitars out.

Just keep an eye on it, if it keeps popping E or B strings fairly quick, take it back and have them check it out ,that's usually a burr on the saddle. For now, just see how the new strings do, they were probably old and ready to give out when you bought it. I think all music stores should always put new strings on any guitar they sell for that reason. I don't want the strings that have been on the guitar, hanging on the rack for everybody and his dog to abuse for the past year...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
ok thanks. the guitar was ordered in for me from a warehouse someone so i don't think they had been played, but it might have been sitting there for a long time i guess

HAHA!
oh dear, another new e string just shot off again. this is getting really annoying!

HAHA!
Quote by samlocke14
look in the bit where the string ataches for a bur of something coz that will cut through the string.

Yup.

Check for any sharp edges on the saddle. Also, you might want to consider getting string saver saddles if the problem persists.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
My SG was brand new, The day i bought it I bent the high E on the solo for In This River and it went SNAP along with my G and B the same day, repalced the strings with Ernie Balls, no problems since.
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

I lulzed.