So.. my friends been sending me songs that our band that I have to learn, but everytime I try to open them, it says "to open this file, please update your guitar pro software." Why is it saying that? I've tried going and updating my license for it or whatever, but it keeps saying my serial number is cancelled.
Quote by MightyAl
Babies are simply there to remind you that sex isn't always consequence-free fun. The bastards.
Last edited by DeathTouch666 at Oct 18, 2007,
You need to buy Guitar Pro 5.2
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
i believe there might be a reason why the intent was for you to buy the software instead of illegally downloading it....
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by DeathTouch666
So.. my friends been sending me songs that our band that I have to learn, but everytime I try to open them, it says "to open this file, please update your guitar pro software." Why is it saying that? I've tried going and updating my license for it or whatever, but it keeps saying my serial number is cancelled or pirated, which I know it is.

Everytime I try to look for a new serial number, I always get the exact same one, user id 5INT5674774 , serial number HEKZ6-8B4EX-498B7. Can anyone help me out on this matter?

Tell your friend to stop using 5.2 and revert back to 5.0?

EDIT: Yeah, don't discuss pirating.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Latest one is 5.2

Either buy, or don't discuss pirating it on here.

/thread
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
I'd edit your initial post and remove the user id and serial. Just so you aren't contributing to the beauty of pirating. Such a beautiful thing. Anyways, I'd clean it up before an Admin or Mod sees it.
Last edited by soulphonate at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by DeathTouch666
So.. my friends been sending me songs that our band that I have to learn, but everytime I try to open them, it says "to open this file, please update your guitar pro software." Why is it saying that? I've tried going and updating my license for it or whatever, but it keeps saying my serial number is cancelled or pirated, which I know it is.

Everytime I try to look for a new serial number, I always get the exact same one, user id 5INT5674774 , serial number HEKZ6-8B4EX-498B7. Can anyone help me out on this matter?

Ok,I have gp 5.2 and I'm able to convert it.Pm me if you like
Edit: Don't talk about serials and stuff in ug again.
an easier way is to tell your friend to go to "export" and click on "guitar pro 4" format instead of saving. then for him to send you the .gp4