I'm looking for a very cheap 7-string guitar to have fun with and learn some 7-string songs with.

I don't mind if it doesn't sound great or has a bad finish. I'm happy as long as it doesn't fall apart.

This Harley Benton is the cheapest I can find. But I'm not sure if I trust this brand.

Any recommendations?
Last edited by Ki' at Oct 18, 2007,
If your in the US, you can get an Agile Interceptor or septor from rondo music(online) pretty cheap.
I wouldn't really recomend aything else that could be taken as very cheap.

Otherwise look at this page:
http://www.zzounds.com/cat--7-String-Electric-Guitars--2642
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Harley Benton aren't really THAT bad.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Ki'
Nice picture. But. What brand and model is it?

Ibanez RG1527
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by Ki'
I'm looking for a very cheap 7-string guitar to have fun with and learn some 7-string songs with.

I don't mind if it doesn't sound great or has a bad finish. I'm happy as long as it doesn't fall apart.

This Harley Benton is the cheapest I can find. But I'm not sure if I trust this brand.

Any recommendations?

My friend got that, he said he wish he had saved up for an ibanez one, I can't remember the exact reason why he didn't like it.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Ki'
Ah nice. What did you pay for it? It lists as €900 on thomann.de <.<'

'tis godofshred's rg. but 900euros?

thats way overpriced.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
'tis godofshred's rg. but 900euros?

thats way overpriced.

I think Ibanez cost less in USA.
Anyone got a Washburn X27 that would like to share his/her opinion on it? The new version the X37 and the Ibanez RG7321 seem to be the best affordable 7 strings. I don't think you'll use the trem much if you go that low to begin with, and working with 7 strings with a floating bridge requires the patience of a monk. Then again, if you are that patient, you can look into a S7320, which is $700 US and offers a pretty solid trem.
PS: At last check, the RG1527 is $900 US. It may just be a 1:1 conversion...considering how weak the dollar is now, I feel bad for you.
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Anyone got a Washburn X27 that would like to share his/her opinion on it? That and the RG7321 seem to be the best affordable 7 strings. I don't think you'll use the trem much if you go that low to begin with, and working with 7 strings with a floating bridge requires the patience of a monk.

Not much more patience than with a regular Floyd Rose though.

Anyway, out of those I'd advice you to go for the RG7321, mainly because I still strongly believe Ibanez is still pretty much king of the seven strings. Also you might want to look at the S7320, which is apparently a very nice guitar.

The RG1527 definitely ventures out of the cheap category, but it will last you for a very, very long time.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!