Hello there, I've been playing guitar for about two years.
For the last few months, i've been getting this tension in my picking arm (my right one) right where the triceps are.
I play for a bit, and then the tension just comes..and I can't seem to get rid of it.
I put my arm down for a bit and it's fine again.
When I go back to play, after about 30 seconds of picking it starts doing it again.

Help!?
^^You have the "spastic arm thing"? That you pick with arm and not hand then? You just need to try to force yourself to pick with hand...or you might have a locking spot in your muscles...try massaging your triceps a bit.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
Is it like a stinging, hot pain in your lower triceps where it meets the bone?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Thanks guys for the help.
In response to the last post
It's more like there's a heavy weight on my tricep and it becomes difficult to play well.
Just make a point to relax your arm every few minutes. Play a song/riff/series of scales, and when you feel the tension starting up stop, let your arm and hand go limp, and shake em like you're trying to get a piece of tissue off your hand. It sounds silly, but doing that relaxes the muscles and helps increase blood flow to your hand and arm, which always helps.
Quote by R0e
Thanks guys for the help.
In response to the last post
It's more like there's a heavy weight on my tricep and it becomes difficult to play well.

Yeah, the tension is definitely caused by... well, tension. Just relax your arm .
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Just a guess but try moving your arm ever so slightly out of your normal position. Even small amounts will put differant tension on your muscles and might eleviate your pain.

Also, try doing some exercises like bench presses. Build your arm strength on and off the guitar .

Chris