anyone know where to get a good half stack (or a good cab+head combo) for a bass guitar?
A guitar/general instrument shop?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
A skip?

(I did actually see an old 4x12 in a skip, by the time I went back it had gone though).
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Yes, I do know where to get a good half stack for a bass guitar.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I'm a big fan of looking for bass gear on bass guitar forums, and online classifieds. Good bargains to be had. But be wary of the latter options. As long as you ain't stupid, you'll avoid the obvious cons thrown your way.
I do, do you?
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
To point you in the direction of some good models - Ashdown ABM, Trace Elliot, Marshall VBA-400, Ampegs SVT.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
something that'l let me be HEARD at practise/gigs cos at the moment my i cant hear myself cos the guitarists have more powerful amps - and it aint gnna help when they get their marshal half-stacks at chirstmas lol
Quote by sammcl-15

Why don't any sites here in the States have gnarly bass amps like that? I have never seen or heard of the last half of the tube bass head section, I feel deprived

That's it....I'm moving to Europe
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
Why don't any sites here in the States have gnarly bass amps like that? I have never seen or heard of the last half of the tube bass head section, I feel deprived

That's it....I'm moving to Europe

You really want to pay quite literally double the price for... everything?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz

God, I hate living in Europe. I think I'll import my next amp.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by thefitz

Is that really the case? Because prices seem to be alot lower in england.

Things to come:
Quote by Funkbass796

A lot lower than what? The sky?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by Mcleody
something that'l let me be HEARD at practise/gigs cos at the moment my i cant hear myself cos the guitarists have more powerful amps - and it aint gnna help when they get their marshal half-stacks at chirstmas lol

Also remeber, if hearing yourself is a problem amp positioning in a room is key!

If a guitarist is standing right next to his speakers, there isn't a straight line of sound going to his ears. But if (like you) are standing away from his speakers, you're getting it full blast!

So he's turned himself to what he thinks is a good volume, but you're too loud.

By repositioning your amps, your guitarist will put his volume down to a good volume (unless he enjoys his ears ringing).

Same goes for you. Make sure your amp is facing you, and even tilt it to get maximum exposure of your ears from your speaker.
Quote by Welsh Guitar
God, I hate living in Europe. I think I'll import my next amp.

I would cabs. Not amps. You have power supplies to think of.
Quote by Funkbass796

Thats cos of the exchange rate. ATM there's two dollars to every british pound. So if an amp costs you $500, it should only be £250 here. However, after taxes, higher wages, transport costs often the british price will be much higher than £250, maybe £350 so we're paying $200 more than you!

Its must more expensive to live in the UK

For another example... an EBMM Stingray will cost you about $1300, it costs us £1100 which is $2200 *cries*

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
This is why it's good to buy Ashdown/Laney/Marshall/Trace/Any other british amp makers, in the UK because you will get an amp that is just as good, if not better, for a smaller price tag than you would get on buying from an American company such as Ampeg.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Jonnomainman
Thats cos of the exchange rate. ATM there's two dollars to every british pound. So if an amp costs you $500, it should only be £250 here. However, after taxes, higher wages, transport costs often the british price will be much higher than £250, maybe £350 so we're paying $200 more than you!

Its must more expensive to live in the UK

For another example... an EBMM Stingray will cost you about $1300, it costs us £1100 which is $2200 *cries*

Ah, gotcha. Well then I have another question, is a britich pound harder to earn than an American dollar?

Things to come:
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
^ I'd be willing to wager their minimum wage is somewhere in the neighbourhood of four or five pounds. Roughly equal to the minimum wage over here.

You'd be correct.

Just found this for the exact numbers.

There are three levels of minimum wage, and the rates from 1st October 2007 are:

£5.52 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older
A development rate of £4.60 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive
£3.40 per hour for all workers under the age of 18, who are no longer of compulsory school age.
Quote by shut_up_you_***
You'd be correct.

Just found this for the exact numbers.

Ah, ok. So then in terms of bass equipment it is better to live in America. Thanks for clearing that up.

Things to come:
I was just talking about what is more widely availabe in Europe, not price difference.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by shut_up_you_***
I would cabs. Not amps. You have power supplies to think of.

Can't you switch around the transformers or anything? I mean it would still be cheaper than buying it from a UK dealer.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410