http://www.russandrews.com/

This website is for audiophiles, a word I hate. Basically, anything to do with audio / recording / home movies is ridicuasly priced.

Basically, have a read through some of the products and find the most seriously overpriced thing you can find and the bull**** reviews

Is this for real?? what do people spend their money on these days??
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
That's ridiculous, is it for real?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Hey look, "Nitrogen infused polyethylene signal conductor dielectric". Fuck. That's gotta be worth £29...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.

I'd like to think that I halfway have an ear for sound, but this is ridiculous.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I don't see whats wrong with it, you spend £1000's on a guitar which you don't really need, a £100 would make do, so why should people not want an amazing quality sound system?
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
I don't see whats wrong with it, you spend £1000's on a guitar which you don't really need, a £100 would make do, so why should people not want an amazing quality sound system?

You mean you don't see anything wrong with a speaker cable that costs 8 thousand motherfucking pounds?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

We don't spend £8000 pounds on a cable though
hmm, maybe i will blow my college's radio station budget on this website.
not my cash to worry about.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

the point im making is theres no such thing as "Hyper Pure Oxeygen Free Copper Technology" or "Acoustic Enhancing PolyMatrix Teflon Coated Multi Flex Technology"

at the end of the day, a length of mains cable works fine for speaker cables, infact, better then speaker cables

and spending 10 quid on phono leads. In any case there not balanced, and theyre not particually that well shieded.

Also, the signal is only going to be good as the anything but oxegen free solder in your PCB's
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
^Despite what some people think, there is a difference between a Squier and a Gibson. This audiophile stuff is just stupid though. Buying some nice Monster cables for $30 is justifiable compared to using lamp cord or something, but $2000 for cable is just excessive.
EDIT: to ClaptonWannabe
Would you do it?

Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
^Despite what some people think, there is a difference between a Squier and a Gibson. This audiophile stuff is just stupid though. Buying some nice Monster cables for $30 is justifiable compared to using lamp cord or something, but $2000 for cable is just excessive.
EDIT: to ClaptonWannabe

I know there's a bloody difference between a squire and a gibson, but you don't really NEED a gibson if you have a squire. You could make do.

And I bet hooked up to a proper sound system those cables sound the sex.

Edit: @ Nick Dixon - You get free delivery, stop complaining
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
I know there's a bloody difference between a squire and a gibson, but you don't really NEED a gibson if you have a squire. You could make do.

Fair enough.
Not really. Or at least not any sexier than some relatively affordable Monster Cables.
Would you do it?

Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

so if you had 8000 pounds and you wanted a great cable, would you really spend it on a ****ing expensive cable!??
DANK MEMES
Well I just read a review and the guy who reviewed it said it was worth every penny. He bought them obviously. He said that you can hear the felt on the piano keys hitting the body of the piano.

If you are into absolutely pure music then I dont see the problem with any of it at all.

Not to mention theres a cable called the 'black pearl' which is entirely handmade, takes 2 weeks to build and costs $25,000.
Quote by wannabe jesus
$ =/= £

THE POUND IS MIGHTIER!

£8400 ~ $16800

**** i didn't notice that
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
LOL thats a bit extreme

I wonder how many professional bands use that stuff?
Quote by apollo718
**** i didn't notice that

Yeah we usually have to pay a bit more for stuff over here
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
I bet John Mayer uses their equipment when he's sitting in his pad listning to his own music in audio bliss, he probably wanks with their own brand of lube too, and at £225 a tube, a wanks worth a million in the bank.
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Well I just read a review and the guy who reviewed it said it was worth every penny. He bought them obviously. He said that you can hear the felt on the piano keys hitting the body of the piano.

If you are into absolutely pure music then I dont see the problem with any of it at all.

Not to mention theres a cable called the 'black pearl' which is entirely handmade, takes 2 weeks to build and costs $25,000.

We, who aren't yet bored with our 10 Ferraris, see a problem.

And I think for 8000 pounds I can live without the felt of the keys hitting the piano...

theres a little known thing called the placebo effect
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass