i'm doing A level music at school, i'm doing a fusion composition of flamenco and thrash metal.

i know some basic stuff for writing flamenco parts, just a couple of chords and scales. does anyone have some information on the style and some links to more chords and scales.

thanks in advance
Gear: ESP MH250 NT
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
Quote by confusius
You do realize fusing flamenco and metal will prove extremely difficult?

More points/power/pwnage to him! Post the final composition on UG as I'd like to hear it!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by confusius
You do realize fusing flamenco and metal will prove extremely difficult?
Queen did a nice rock/flamenco thing on Innuendo...

And to TS good luck, please post the final composition.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
Well are you sure it was real flamenco? Or just a few chords that sound Spanish? That's my main concern for threadstarter.

Flamenco isn't based around insane chops, scales and chords, hell the guitar is generally an accompaniment to singing or dancing. It's based around compas. Without compas, not matter how fast you can do your picados and how well you can rasguear, you won't get far.
Listen to Flametal to get a general idea on the sound that you may be looking for.

I can't really give you any info on chord progressions and scales n such but yeah...

http://www.myspace.com/flametal
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbyPLGyELpI

ignore the actual video

this is the kinda thing i wanna do, the intro bit. i was gonna have an intro part then a bridge part and outro all in flamenco, acoustic stuff then metal riffs for the other parts.
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
Yeah, those guys have Spanish guitars in their music, check them out.
yeah i know, i really like em
but there's no tabs so i cant really play their stuff, to find out what they use
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff