Page 1 of 2
If those are the graphics I really don't care. Blue, red, high definition. S'all good.
Could be Episode 3.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
If it's episode 3 then the logo would be fake thus the screenshot would be fake.
That looks, too good to be true!

Edit - look at the proportion of the blue crowbar to the rest of the screenshot, something doesn't fit somehow. Also the hud, doesn't seem overly legit, even for an early shot.
I've heard that there were going to be three episodes (is this confirmed?) -- and these three episodes together make Half Life 3.

So technically, the next would be a Half Life 4, right?
Even so, I would like to see an Opposing Force for Half Life 2.
Looks like artwork to me rather than a screenshot. Check the buildings in the background: more like a comic book than a computer game.
Looks official though, could be that the game is pretty far into production...
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.

We know Episode 3 is in production, and we know it's the final chapter in Half-Life 2. So HL3 isn't too far fetched.
no, there is a episode 3 coming but it it half life 2 episode three.

there are 3 continuations of half life 2

.... then half life 3 hopefully

edit:to mattyp90
Quote by mattyp90

Looks official though, could be that the game is pretty far into production...

Just think about how long it took Half Life 2 to come out after the original...
Quote by reason49
Just think about how long it took Half Life 2 to come out after the original...

That had nothing to do with production time though. Usually when a sequel is successful a third installment is quickly underway.
Quote by Sn^ke
If it's episode 3 then the logo would be fake thus the screenshot would be fake.

He said Half Life 3, not Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Also, Concept art is concept.

Lulz.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Holy crap that looks great! It reminds me of the "5th Element"

Im picking up teh Orange Box today.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Holy crap that looks great! It reminds me of the "5th Element"

Im picking up teh Orange Box today.

I'm getting it at the weekend. I'm not huge on Half Life, but Portal looks f**king awesome!
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by subliminaldelta
Why is the crowbar blue?

looks like paint smears tbh
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']He said Half Life 3, not Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Quote by 'Mad Marius'
Could be Episode 3.

As quoted.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I'm getting it at the weekend. I'm not huge on Half Life, but Portal looks f**king awesome!

The Orange Box is the greatest gaming release in a very long time my friend. You will like everything in it.

If you're getting it on PC and can run at max settings Episode 2 is Phenomenal [IMO].
I forgot my Vavle password
I really want to but team fortress 2

Anyone know how I can get my pass back?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by steee21

Okay, heres the deal:

It is definitely not a shot from Episode 3, because if it was it would still have the Half Life 2 logo.

Therefore its either a shot from Half Life 3, or a complete fake.

If its a fake, kudos to the guy that made it.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Or possibly Episode 3, but with a Half Life 3 logo stamped onto it, which would seem like a more likely possibility than a complete fake.
Quote by reason49
Or possibly Episode 3, but with a Half Life 3 logo stamped onto it, which would seem like a more likely possibility than a complete fake.

I have a feeling Ep3 will follow the same visual style.
Seriously, the whole episode-thing is cool and all... but who else wants a Half Life 3 with a new graphics engine and generally more of the kick-ass stuff?

*raises hand*
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
All the shadowing seems to be blue for some reason...

Meh, I'm not really a fan of HL, anyway.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Bollocks,fake screenshot. HUD/Crowbar doesn't look right. Plus there is no HL3. It's HL2:Episode 3.
Half Life 3 won't be out for a long time. It took them what, two years to finish Episode 2? They were making it at the same time as Episode 1 yet that was finished over a year ago.

Valve are notorious for releasing things very very late (Team Fortress 2 has been in production for ten years, I remember when Half Life came out and they were discussing it as almost finished).

We won't see Half Life 3 for a while, fortunately they always deliver.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Mad Marius
Could be Episode 3.

Nah, that's on the same engine still i think whereas this looks like a new engine.

Anyway I am inclined to say fake as I am sure they would make a logo at least slightly different for Half-Life 3 or maybe even give it a different title.
Quote by Rankles
Half Life 3 won't be out for a long time. It took them what, two years to finish Episode 2? They were making it at the same time as Episode 1 yet that was finished over a year ago.

Valve are notorious for releasing things very very late (Team Fortress 2 has been in production for ten years, I remember when Half Life came out and they were discussing it as almost finished).

We won't see Half Life 3 for a while, fortunately they always deliver.

Listen to Rankles.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96
Listen to Rankles.

i dont want to listen to rankles

half life 2 was quite an enjoyable experience. roll on number 3
I dont think its episode 3, because if we're following the same storyline, episode 3 is in the arctic.
Quote by Diamond Dave
i dont want to listen to rankles

half life 2 was quite an enjoyable experience. roll on number 3

2 hasn't finished...
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Page 1 of 2