Hi everyone,
I am planning on buying a Behringer Xenyx 802, and I want to record my electric guitar and vocals. Is it a good choice and can it handle the low-impedemence(whatever) of the guitar? Does it need any other hardware to record guitar on the computer?
Um i would personally push you budget up a little bit more and get the Behringer XENYX 1202FX Mixer however that mixer should be fine.

It will probably be able to handle it.

You would also need some sort of recording software like audacity to record into.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Footzyrama
Um i would personally push you budget up a little bit more and get the Behringer XENYX 1202FX Mixer however that mixer should be fine.

It will probably be able to handle it.

You would also need some sort of recording software like audacity to record into.

for one guitar? you'd be better saving money and getting the xenyx 502. i used to use them when i got guitar lessons, pretty decent considering the price. i'm getting the 802 in 2 weeks time

it can sound a little bit thin but you can beef it up with whatever audio software you're using and it's fine
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
i got the same xenyx last month..aint tried it but it looks nice lol. its for live work not recording tho..not sure the preamps will be up to much
Ibanez s270/Gibson Les Paul Studio/Fender USA strat/Cashmira81 Classical/Simon&Patrick Acoustic
Peavey 6505 /Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960b cab
EHX Big Muff USA/Holy Grail/ Boss GE10/ Crybaby
Ibanez sr505 bass & Torque 100w bass amp
^ it's a mixer. you can use it for recording. the xenyx models are aimed for small home recording kits. that'd be one reason why you can buy a recording bundle with the xenyx in it.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I have the UB1002FX and it's a great mixer. Mines been reliable. The 802 will work fine for what you want. The FX models are good because they add some delay/reverb effects.
When it comes to live audio, I've always believed Behringer makes a great product for the price.

Mackie does use much better preamps though....quiter, which is a big thing for recording.

Shameless spam, I know, but my band recently broke up, and I'm looking to sell my Mackie Mixer:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mackie-DFX12-12x2-Mixer-with-Effects?sku=634264

Let me know if you're interested!