Hey I'm History of Rock and Roll right now. so answer me this... IS DISCO A REAL FORM OF Rock AND Roll?
Gear:

Gibson SG
Epiphone LP
"Apocalypses Guitar"
70's Silverface Bassman Amp
Russian Bigmuff
Digitech Deathmetal Pedal
Digitech Badmonkey Pedal
Boss Tuner
Nah, man.

Rock is rock, and disco is well... crap.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by binjajer
Rock is rock, and disco is well... crap.

No, it's not crap.

Disco is a an offshoot of Pop. It had its origins in Motown and soul music. Soul music arose out of Gospel and rhythm & blues but evolved to a certain degree.

Rock and Roll was influenced by rhythm & blues so I would guess that you could maybe call them two distant genre cousins.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Electronica originated before disco.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

That may be true, but house music came from disco, and techno came from house music.
There is poetry in despair.
"techno" is not a real genre.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

I like disco!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I don't know, I find techno to be a term used by the musically ignorant to describe all forms of electronic music regardless of how different they are.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

But thats not bad. I think its bad for everything to be so defined when it totally isnt. You dont have to put it in a box just listen to it.
Quote by pumpkins_rule
"techno" is not a real genre.

Bullshit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techno
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Wikipedia=Word Of God. Sometimes.

Anyway, Disco is closer to funk and soul than rock 'n' roll.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Static-x has kind of coined the phrase/genre 'Evil Disco', which is basically their version of electronic metal... but other than that I don't know anything about disco being rock.