I was thinking about getting their new DR400 Reverb/Delay pedal, while I don't have high expectations for sound quality, I am more concerned if it will change my sound with it bypassed.

Any one with Behringer pedals care to comment on the bypass?
^ Absolutely.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Use a true bypass loop.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
I have the DD-100 delay... when bypassed it makes my tone go all buzzy
Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
single pedals or the multieffects? they have better buffers on the multieffects units but they're still by no means great, maybe around the standard of the boss bypasses
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Their bypass isn't great, but it's about that of a boss pedal. I made the mistake of buying a compressor/sustainer from them a couple years ago (which it barely does what it's supposed to), however, I recently found a good use for it as a boost on the clean channel of my amp, actually gives me a good bluesy tone if I turn the level and tone up/etc.

I've never used the Reverb/Delay though since I've kinda been against Behringer since I bought that pedal, I'd save up for something better if I were you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
with the bypass engaged on my behringer cs100, my signal cuts in and out. its pretty awful and thankfully replaced with something better. the bypass is a bit worse than bosses imo
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Yeah it is terrible. Plus they buzz like a son of a bitch. Sound good for their price, work well and do the job reliably, but have incredible amounts of noise (even when off) and break easily (plastic exterior)
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I just got a EQ700, and it doesn't buzz at all and I'd say it doesn't color my tone either. However, I'm pretty sure some other Behringer pedals (like distortions) would probably be pretty bad.
Yeah, I have an Ultra Metal for my mini portable practice rig and it is noisy as hell's apocalypse
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
People are comparing them to Boss pedals, but I have found the bypass on Boss pedals to be very good.

I agree that the distortion pedals are probably noisy.

It sounds like some of you may have had defective pedals?
Quote by ixelion
It sounds like some of you may have had defective pedals?

Three. I have had a delay, a chorus and a reverb pedal from them. I still own the reverb, though it hasn't seen use because it's horrible and doesn't work properly. I advise you to stay away from them