has anyone got an opinion on this interface? I'm in the market for a new interface and this one seems to meet quite a few of my requirements, my only problems is the usb connection. I've been told bad things about devices with this many inputs and outputs that use USB.

Anyway, line 6 Toneport UX8, anygood?
its a recent addition to their UX series, its above the keyboard model i believe. Check their website out! Its the rack mounted interface.
I don't like it...it's still USB and way overpriced for what it can do!

Everyone looking for an 8 input interface should be getting one with a firewire connection simply because I don't believe USB is capable of holding up to 8 inputs without lagging........

The PreSonus FIREPOD is the best choice IMO and from the looks of it...Line 6 just copied the firepod design but kept it USB.
The firepod has better preamps, faster connection and im sure better phantom power.

edit:
The full Line6 Toneport interface lineup:
http://line6.com/toneport/

edit2:
a short review:
http://studio-central.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=54317&highlight=ux8
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 18, 2007,
thanks for the response, according to the soundonsound website concerning firewire and USB2.0 connections

"Both offer comparable speeds — up to 480Mbps for USB 2.0, and 400Mbps for Firewire."

USB2.0 is a faster connection?
^Both have transfer speeds of the same rate, but Firewire has much larger data packets. So - even if the data packets are moving at the same speeds the Firewire is still transfering far more data. Also, USB 2.0 RARELY ever gets to around 480 MBPS (and is usually far lower) while Firewire can consistently do around 400 MBPS.

So yeah - I think the Toneport UX8 is a waste. At the price point there are many other models with similar features, firewire support, higher quality components, and more/better AD/DA options. If this thing were $200 cheaper it would be something to talk about, but seeing as it isn't it is sitting in a price range where other products easily pwn it.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

can anyone tell me the difference between the FP-10 and the Firepod 8?! am i correct in saying its an updated version?! if so whats the difference?! THANKS!
Yeah it is just an updated version. I think the newer one has slightly better AD/DA conversion, but essentially they are the same unit.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.