I've been hear awhile so as i got into my new dorm-room in September, i it would let me access UG from my dorm. WTF? only this website doesn't work, i have never had a problem with any other. Anyone know the reason? its pissing me off since this is the only really reliable tab-site. Anyone think they know the answer?
so you cant get on UG?
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Hmmm.

Maybe someone from your college got IP banned years ago and noone thought to check that it wasn't a single persons IP.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
ummmmm, if you cant access the site, then how are you accessing the site?
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Perhaps it means "Do you work instead of going into the pit"?

Yeah because he'd spend 3 years solely on UG instead of doing his work.

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Apparently you didn't catch the sarcasm, dude.

Sarcasm is hard to catch over the internetunless blindingly obvious, which of course yours wasn't.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Last edited by Cpt.Jackass at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by ze monsta
don't be such a bitch dude... this guy's asked a valid question!

Gus

Apparently you didn't catch the sarcasm, dude.
Could be the IP thing as someone above suggested, or your college filters certain sites to control bandwidth.

Probably one of the two.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
I go to Marquette and im back home for a mid-term break.

Yeah, i will be honest, the pit was my way of procrastinating in High School. Now i lost that dammit. I guess i have to find a social life now.....

And when i try to access it, it just never loads up. I get a white screen in firefox and after 5 minutes it says I'm sorry but firefox cannot access the website.

EDIT: now that i think about it, i would think its not a filter by the college. Theres no problems with any other sites.
Have you tried it via IE or Opera?

There may be something wrong with your Firefox.
Get off my lawn.
No i tried. It doesn't work no matter what. My roomate and friends can't get on their computers either.

EDIT: although as further proof to the IP ban theory, it works at other university buildings, just not my dorm.
Maybe your hall is down? Try contacting your R.A. or someone in Tech.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by Rankles
Hmmm.

Maybe someone from your college got IP banned years ago and noone thought to check that it wasn't a single persons IP.

Something similar happened to me upon registering. My IP was apparently one of a known spammer/general asshat, and so I got banned. They didn't take into account that a few thousand people in the East Midlands share my IP thanks to something NTL/now Virgin Media use to save network resources.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
well the big problem is its kinda hard to test solutions since once i get back to my dorm i can't get on here if none of these work.
okay, im back in my dorm and the iBypass idea mentioned actually works and got me on the site. I'm not going to be in trouble for using a banned IP if that was the case?
Apparently UG is allergic to college.

Too many smart people.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.