there are no good guitar shops in my town, so i can never try out any decent guitars, amps effects, etc, but i'm going to london in a couple of days ad will be going to loads of shops on denmark street. And so that i dont embarrass myself in any of the shops, can anyone recomend any songs that are really good for showing off when playing in shops? Inormally play classic rock and metal, but anything that sounds good would be nice.

please nothing too difficult.

and can you recomend anything for my sister, who plays acoustic stuff.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by polaroidvision
there are no good guitar shops in my town, so i can never try out any decent guitars, amps effects, etc, but i'm going to london in a couple of days ad will be going to loads of shops on denmark street. And so that i dont embarrass myself in any of the shops, can anyone recomend any songs that are really good for showing off when playing in shops? Inormally play classic rock and metal, but anything that sounds good would be nice.

please nothing too difficult.

and can you recomend anything for my sister, who plays acoustic stuff.

Why are you afraid of embarassing yourself? Esspecially in front of people you will never see again? People know that all guitarists aren't pro, so just play things that sound good and dont worry about what other people think.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Why would you want to show off whilst testing equipment?

They'll just think you're wasting their time and trying stuff out of boredom.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Don't try to impress people at guitar shops, you'll end up looking like a dick. Just play what you normally play, to see how the guitars handle it.
play watever the hell you want. but do try to stray away from ****ty emo songs that consist of powerchords and octaves.
and not too much metal consisting of chugging on the open E, the workers have to hear that same crap everyday and will be annoyed, play something interested and bluesy.
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
i agree with Dudage, just play that you like! most people don't even care about what you're playing, unless you play Smoke on the water REALLY crappy, im no pro but i don't care about what other people think when i play at a store, the only thing i focus on is on how the guitar feels
Quote by kyrreca
Don't try to impress people at guitar shops, you'll end up looking like a dick. Just play what you normally play, to see how the guitars handle it.

^+1
No one will make fun of you for playing what you can as long as your not looking to show off.
I've lost count of how many times I've been in a store and guys walk in acting like they rock. I expect to see something to back their claims up, but when they cant play smells like teen spirit, you know they suck bad.

Just dont mouth off and theres no need to impress anyone.

But a tip, no stairway to heaven, no smoke on the water....
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350