Page 1 of 2
Honest to God, Super Smash Bros. is like the best game ever created. Normally I'm not like a hardcore gamer but I loved the original and Melee. I bought the Wii just to get Brawl later. I just wanted to start a thread dedicated to this Nintendo masterpiece, especially since Brawl is coming out in Feb. and I'm so damn excited about it!

So just talk about the game, any news(like the rumored demo coming out in Dec.), updates, Sonic, w/e.....

just for reference, you can go on The Dojo for most of the newest info for Brawl.
The thing that makes me happiest is Diddy Kong. I've wanted him in it since the N64 one.

I'm so glad my friend down the street has a Wii.
DOWN&OUT
Sonic being confirmed for Brawl was definitely the highlight of my life
Quote by !@#$
Sonic being confirmed for Brawl was definitely the highlight of my life

The day I found out about Sonic, I kept smiling randomning during the day cause I was so excited, its like a dream. I felt like such a douchbag-nerd getting excited over a video game but I didn't care.

Yea, I was pretty damn happy when I realized Diddy Kong aswell.
Last edited by heartion at Oct 18, 2007,
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Falco better be in the new one.

hell yea, it will be utterly gay if he's not.
i hope wario and waluigi are in it
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
I still don't understand how Mario hit over 1000 ft in the Homerun Contest, but Donkey Kong and Bowser can barely get over 800...wtf Kong...you puss.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
i hope wario and waluigi are in it

Wario is in it! I get the feeling that they won't add waluigi, tho.

Yeah, stephen rettie is right. SSB gets exponentially more fun with the number of people playing.
I'm more excited about Super Mario Galaxy and Guitar Hero, but I can't wait to play my friends online in Brawl. It's going to kick ass.
They better go all out add Knuckles and Tails with Sonic. Also, I really want Banjo and Kazooie and King K Rool to be added!
I bet I could kick anyone's ass here with Link. I dare you to challenge me.

http://smashboards.com/

If you wanna learn how to really play the game, go to that link and read through the forums. You'll realize that it's actually more in-depth of a game than it lets on.
December 6th is it coming out? Oh well. God Damn online capabilities. I am like raving over it now :O
██████████████████████████████
Can't wait for it! One of the main reasons I got a Wii.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by heartion
They better go all out add Knuckles and Tails with Sonic. Also, I really want Banjo and Kazooie and King K Rool to be added!

Banjo would be a great addition. his up-B would let kazooie flutter him up, his smash-b would be a massive beak bust.

*fanboygasm
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by dreamtheater91
Banjo would be a great addition. his up-B would let kazooie flutter him up, his smash-b would be a massive beak bust.

*fanboygasm

its too bad that they're not owned by nintendo anymore...
omfg yes, they added ike (fire emblem), PIT !!, and sonic

almost makes me wanna buy a wii
Look forward to playing as Solid Snake.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
As long as Kirby is in it, Im good

Kirby is pretty much my best character in Melee, just because of his speed and jumping.

But Im looking foreward to playing as Sonic, since hes a pretty fast character too!

Yeah, if you cant tell, Im excited for the game to come out
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
As long as Kirby is in it, Im good

Kirby is pretty much my best character in Melee, just because of his speed and jumping.

But Im looking foreward to playing as Sonic, since hes a pretty fast character too!

Yeah, if you cant tell, Im excited for the game to come out

Kirby shmirby, Kirby was sh'it and slow, unlike Young Link or Captain Falcon or Marth.
Quote by SamTotman
Look forward to playing as Solid Snake.

+1
Statistics can be used to prove anything.

14% of people know that.
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Only time I've ever agreed with something you've posted.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Geez how many characters are in the game right now?

But yeah its gonna be a good game
I cant wait to play as Snake he is imo the coolest new character.
My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
Quote by Aqua Dementia

why? falco is an exact copy of fox. they apparently didn't have the least bit of creativity in melee since like 4 of the new characters were just the old characters with new "faces". huge disappointment.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by kidsilcon
Kirby shmirby, Kirby was sh'it and slow, unlike Young Link or Captain Falcon or Marth.

Well, Captain Falcon was shit too.

And Kirby had some good, fast attacks, and being able to swallow people was awesome too. Sometimes you can swallow someone, jump off a cliff, spit him out, and use his 5 jump to get back onto the platform.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by Its_Rock77
why? falco is an exact copy of fox. they apparently didn't have the least bit of creativity in melee since like 4 of the new characters were just the old characters with new "faces". huge disappointment.

No way dude, Falco could destroy fox in every respect other than runing speed.

Also UG, keep in mind that they haven't revealed the unlockable characters yet. STOKED.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by zippidyduda

And Kirby had some good, fast attacks, and being able to swallow people was awesome too. Sometimes you can swallow someone, jump off a cliff, spit him out, and use his 5 jump to get back onto the platform.

+100. Or Samus I loved being her!
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Quote by zippidyduda

I only used Kirby when I felt like a laugh really. He looks like a coconut when he turns into DK.

He looks a hero as Captain Falcon.
Quote by zippidyduda

I don't fall for the swallow move because anyone with some sense would do a smash attack right in the face.
I love the original and melee, hell I use to spend nights playing with my friends back in the early 2000s. I wonder how we'll play this game , with that wii thing. It saddens me
TS, you haven't even played it and you're claiming it's the greatest game ever made?

But yeah, the SS Bros. games are ****ing sweet, no doubt.
Quote by Its_Rock77

Yah exept falco was a tad slower
Quote by .smudged.
I love the original and melee, hell I use to spend nights playing with my friends back in the early 2000s. I wonder how we'll play this game , with that wii thing. It saddens me

Luckily the 'wiimote' won't be nessercary and the classic pad will be used if prefered.
Page 1 of 2