Just a quick question...

I found an Ibanez GRG170DXL BKN LH Black Night (I'm LeftHanded) on a website for 439 $, i wanted to ask if this is a good guitar for a beginner ( i have an amp already).

Please answer as soon as possible!
what dollars are they???? because they are only about £150 maybe
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

i live in Denmark so i calculated the Danish price into US Dollars, i thought there were more people who could help me then
I don't know about the Black Night, but I bought a regular GRG170DX for 200€, and sold it ealrier this evening for a 100. You should stretch your budget and get an RG321
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by DraInYaRd
i live in Denmark so i calculated the Danish price into US Dollars, i thought there were more people who could help me then

Well, Europe is more expensive than the US when it comes to guitars, but that's outrageous.

It should cost you about 225-300 euros tops (by the way www.x-rates.com has a good currency calculator if you want to check again).

Anyway, the GRG170DX is a nice guitar (I own one) and it will last you for quite a while, especially if you upgrade the pickups and tuners somewhere along the road. So it's nice, pretty damn nice actually, but it is a beginners guitar and should have it's pricetag marked accordingly.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
i found it for 239 € just now... is that better you think? that's with a gig-bag
Quote by DraInYaRd
i found it for 239 € just now... is that better you think? that's with a gig-bag

That seems like a fair price (new of course).

The gig bag probably isn't going to last forever but it should be good for now.
Thanks for the help, and i've seen that this guitar has gotten some great reviews
Quote by DraInYaRd
Thanks for the help, and i've seen that this guitar has gotten some great reviews

Yup it's a nice piece of kit.
my wife's GRG170DX was $260 canadian, not a bad guitar at all, if you don't care about a locking trem at all (which her and I don't use) we modified hers with a Dimarzio tone zone in the neck and an Evolution in the bridge and it sounds pretty good.
Quote by flyfshr
my wife's GRG170DX was $260 canadian, not a bad guitar at all, if you don't care about a locking trem at all (which her and I don't use) we modified hers with a Dimarzio tone zone in the neck and an Evolution in the bridge and it sounds pretty good.

With these Gio Ibanez guitars I find that most money is cut on the pickups, which also happens to be one of the easiest things to replace, and that most of your money goes towards the neck, which is, in my opinion, a good thing.