Page 1 of 3
Hello All

Everyone seems to be making fun of scientology. Maybe because it's comparatively new. Maybe because it has comparatively odd beliefs. Maybe because it's just the "cool" thing to do.

Now, I'm no scientologist, but since it's an official religion (or is it?) wouldn't making fun of it make you racist?

And what makes it so bad anyway? I don't know much about scientology.
Quote by sashki
Hello All

Everyone seems to be making fun of scientology. Maybe because it's comparatively new. Maybe because it has comparatively odd beliefs. Maybe because it's just the "cool" thing to do.

Now, I'm no scientologist, but since it's an official religion (or is it?) wouldn't making fun of it make you racist?

It would be discrimination, not racism.
Quote by sashki
Hello All

I stopped reading there.

On topic: I don't know what scientology is, so I have no opinion on the matter *Remains ignorant*
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
They worship Xenu, the leader of the Galactic Confederation millions of years ago, who was finally stopped by being placed under a volcano.

That's not a religion. That's L. Ron Hubbard's science fiction.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by frankv
It would be discrimination, not racism.

Quote by Mazzakazza
no, because scientology is a load of ****.

Ok

Quote by Gunpowder
They worship Xenu, the leader of the Galactic Confederation millions of years ago, who was finally stopped by being placed under a volcano.

That's not a religion. That's science fiction.

Well, maybe to a scientologist, the concept of a huge omnipotent bearded man, by the name of God Christ who created the universe in 7 days and is watching over us seems equally absurd.
scientology is trying to do what the catholic church did before the 1550s
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
I am right in thinking Scientology was founded by a science fiction writer, no? Plus, after seeing the investigation into Scientology on Panorama they seem like an odd bunch
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Religion =/= Race
Making Fun =/= Discriminating
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Shouldn't this be in the "Only Religion Thread"? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612880&highlight=religion

Then again this is technically aimed at one religion...so that might be counted as discrimination...

I'm gonna stop attempting to work out if this is a fair thread or not and just back away...
Quote by sashki

it was created by a science fiction writer

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
if atheists think christianity and catholism is a load of **** i wonder what they think about scientology lol
Send me off to bed forevermore.
To be completely frank, I don't take any religion seriously, but that is hardly surprising considering I come from a nation renown for our godless heathens.
Are there a race of scientologists out there?

Or are there a group of them?
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Well I think christianity is a load of shit too. Now it's the same thing. Now watch how many people get upset...
It's an official religion because I'm sure there are lots of politican's friends who are members and it rakes in a lot of dough.

L. Ron Hubbard couldn't sell any of his ****ty books so he brainwashed people into thinking this crap actually happened.

He's just a smart businessman.
Quote by sashki

Well, maybe to a scientologist, the concept of a huge omnipotent bearded man, by the name of God Christ who created the universe in 7 days and is watching over us seems equally absurd.

i think they're both absurd
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by sashki
Hello All

Racist hahah, you absolute idiot.
Wow. The most controversial thing in a thread about scientology is the fact that I used the word "racist" out of context, because I didn't know a better term.

Good work, pit monkeys! Always ahead of the vocabulary curve.
Quote by sashki
Ok

Who said he was bearded? Have YOU seen him?
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Heh, comparing Scientology to Christianity is ridiculous. Hubbard told people that he was going to invent a religion to see how many idiots would buy into it...disappeared for awhile and boom, Scientology.

The Bible was completely revolutionary and contradictory to the thoughts of the time period in which it was written, and actually put boundaries on a nation of people instead of making them wealthy.
Quote by sashki
Wow. The most controversial thing in a thread about scientology is the fact that I used the word "racist" out of context, because I didn't know a better term.

Good work, pit monkeys! Always ahead of the vocabulary curve.

Well you quite clearly don't know what you're talking about, so why would anyone take this thread seriously?
Quote by kidsilcon
Well you quite clearly don't know what you're talking about, so why would anyone take this thread seriously?

What would be a good term to describe someone who judges people by their religion?

I asked why everyone hates it and why it's considered acceptable to hate it, when hating other religions is frowned upon.
Quote by sashki
What would be a good term to describe someone who judges people by their religion?

not racism. racism is for judging people by their race
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
not racism. racism is for judging people by their race

Well, what else can you think of?

I know Racism isn't the right term, but that's the closest I got. And I've heard it used a lot for the reason I mentioned.
Quote by sashki
Well, what else can you think of?

I know Racism isn't the right term, but that's the closest I got. And I've heard it used a lot for the reason I mentioned.

Well, the members of the victimized religion will certainly call you a heretic.
Quote by Renka
To be completely frank, I don't take any religion seriously, but that is hardly surprising considering I come from a nation renown for our godless heathens.

Excellent use of the word "heathen" my good man.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Quote by The Madcap
I don't see the logic in discriminating anyone, or their beliefs.
I agree with you 100%. But Scientology is a cult. If you are required to pay money to enter, it is not a religion.

There was a thread on scientiology 2 or 3 weeks ago that had some good documentaries in it. I'll try any find it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 3