Now i'm planning to build my own Explorer,i already have an Epiphone Explorer Goth which is wonderul,but you probably know already that a guitar built by your own two hands is like a child,something that you adore.

So my question is which active EMG's should i buy,since i'm good at building guitar bodies but not at wiring & electronics.

The basic idea is two double humbuckers with 3 potis,since i'm keepin' the original Gibson idea with one exception,and that's removing that awful pickguard.Just too much tacky plastic for me!

I'm usin' the EMG's because i love their sharp Rock/Metal sound,because their good,quality parts and the last and definately the least,but yet a thing that leaves a certain impact on a person,their looks.

Thanks!
what kind of music do you play? (band wise) i would recomend 81/85 for metal
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
81 in the bridge and 60 in the neck? Or is it 85 in the bridge? I'm not 100% sure. But you might want to look at these instead, because apparently they are better. But I don't actually know because I hate actives myself

Still, have a look
Well, I would say 81 in the bride and a 60 in the neck, but the 81/85 combo would work as well.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Well, I would say 81 in the bride and a 60 in the neck, but the 81/85 combo would work as well.

Why on Earth would you fit an EMG to your wife? 0.o

IMO, the best EMG combo is the 85bridge/60neck. it sounds fantastic, much better cleans alround, and awesome lead and rhythm sounds in both positions, not to mention the 81 has always sounded a bit pants to me, unless its through an amazing amp, - the only amp i've played it through and liked somewhat was the 5 minutes i had with one trough a mesa mark IV. but then again, a mark IV could make a squier strat sound good one with half a brain would assume.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

First of all thank you all for answering in such a short notice

what kind of music do you play? (band wise) i would recomend 81/85 for metal[\quote]

metal/rock,and if we feel jolly punk to keep the good mood.But it's more important to me what i play,because i've always been a kind of person who thinks people,including myself should play for they're soul and not for fame or others wallets,etc...

But rock/metal still,or in detail:HC Rock,Heavy Metal,Classic Heavy Metal,Melodic Black Metal...and sometimes Jazz or Punk,but that's very rarely,although i do enjoy Jazz since it's such pure artistic and complex music..

Why on Earth would you fit an EMG to your wife? 0.o[\quote]

^^ funny typo,made me laugh

81 in the bridge and 60 in the neck? Or is it 85 in the bridge? I'm not 100% sure. But you might want to look at these instead, because apparently they are better. But I don't actually know because I hate actives myself

Still, have a look

well i new about seymour duncan but i thought they were only for black metal and stuff,but now i youtubed them and i'm in love,must say,impressive sound...

In conclusion:81/85 sounds to me like someone turned up the gain too high,85/60 is definately a good system but i preffer 81/60...but what i think i will buy,what dazzled me are the seymour duncan pickups...

I youtubed them all since it was the only location i could come up with,and must say though the EMGs are fine the SD really suprised me in a good way.
That's what a lot of people have been saying about them. They seem to have an edge over the EMGs for whatever reason. If I were an active pickup kind of guy, I'd look into them myself.
but what is still confusing me is:am i supposed to take a new set of potis's with the blackouts and which ones?since as far as i can see they are not included in the blackout set,and the 3 way switch is fine as long as it's a 3 way switch or?

in essence what should i take to get the full system with the blackouts?
I have no idea, sorry. But I think, like with the EMGs, you might need new pots. Best thing to do is either wait for someone with more knowledge to post here, or else email Seymour Duncan and ask them.
First of all what kind of amp will you be using and any effects pedals in the setup?
i sold my amp and i'm planning to get a marshall,now which one is still uncertain
and for the pedals,i'm usin' the Zoom g2.1u